Taillight problems

Cummins_04

I have an 04 cummins. For some reason the driver side rear taillight quit working. The brake light and turn signal work just no taillight. The passenger side is just fine. I tried switching the taillights around to see if it was bad but they both work when plugged onto passenger side.

Try taking off your taillight and check the wire connection coming into the housing itself. It might be lose or corroded and hopefully not broken. Also clean the area that the bulb sits in as well with some electrical cleaner sometimes these get corroded as well

Check the connection, it is a fairly common problem on the third gens.

I too have the same problem. Only my passenger side turn signal and brake light do not work. It also seems that sometimes they flicker even when the truck is off.. Like the brake switch is being depressed. Sorry Cummins_04 if I hijacked your thread. Just didn't want to make a new one over same issue.

If you have the circuit board lights, go buy a new board at a parts store. It's around 20 bucks and they tend to go out pretty often. This'll fix your issues, mine was the same way.

Back