Taking out Dash on an 04?

Lucky Jeff

Stock Sucks
Neighbors fan went out. Started making noise and now just up and quit. I'd like to help him out, but I can't find anyone at any of the diesel shops so far that has even had to do the job. Anyone else had to tackle this project? Dealer said the part is only 125. But were going to charge him somewhere between 750 and 1500 to do the work because they obviously have no clue either. And since I am laid off and have plenty of time. I might as well give it a shot.

:poke:

The blower motor is under the hood. 4 bolts hold it in. About the easiest job in the world. Dash doesn't come out.

woohooooo! Thank god for that. LH side? RH side? I can barely find the turbo under the hood of one of those trucks.

Is it electronic control or manual. Does the blower not work on any speed?

I would ckeck all the fuses and realys before you take it apart. On my dodge it turned out to be the controls and not the actual fan.

Is it electronic control or manual. Does the blower not work on any speed?

Not sure which it is, how do I check?.. The blower started making a terrible noise. He could keep it on low and get a little cool air blowing through without the fan making too much noise. Then it just decided to crap out all together

Back