Tappet help

EvanBoothe

So for my motor build I have a colt stage 5 cam.. A lot of people are telling me to run common rail tappets? And then I have a lot of people telling me there's no benefit so I should just run stock 24 valve tappets.. Just wanted to gather some opinions before I purchase a set of tappets. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There all 200 bucks a set. No differnce in price.

Really?

OP, CR tappets are the cheapest. If it a 12 valve based cam, the CR tappets are going to bump the fuel pump drive lobe.

CR tappets are a lot less then $200 if i remember right. I believe 24v tappets are lighter then CR tappets, and they will work fine with any of the wider lobe cams.

CR tappets are a lot less then $200 if i remember right. I believe 24v tappets are lighter then CR tappets, and they will work fine with any of the wider lobe cams.

So you're saying there's no point in running CR tappets.

So you're saying there's no point in running CR tappets.

Correct. When i first did my cam thats what everyone reccomended because they are larger, but if you look at the cam lobe compared to the CR and 24v tappet you will see that either will work the same, as they are both larger then the cam lobe. I believe zach hamilton had some info on here about tappets and the weight differences. There is no reason to run the heavier CR tappet from the info i saw.

Correct. When i first did my cam thats what everyone reccomended because they are larger, but if you look at the cam lobe compared to the CR and 24v tappet you will see that either will work the same, as they are both larger then the cam lobe. I believe zach hamilton had some info on here about tappets and the weight differences. There is no reason to run the heavier CR tappet from the info i saw.

Okay, thanks for the help man I appreciate it.