TDI

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
When I see a small shop doing a good job at a reasonable price like some of the turbo guys I have plugged over the years, I am more than happy to pass along the information. I believe small businesses are what make America strong. By that same token, when I see someone that doesn't know their butt from a hole in the ground I don't mind pointing that out as well. TDi cams are right now, exactly where the Cummins cams were a few years ago. They are having a lot of wear issues and people are scrambling for answers. People are being price gouged and lied to. And since many people are not very mechanically inclined, they buy lemons and think they have a diamond. Not too much unlike a $59 marine cam getting sold for over $900 a few years ago.

This is where Frank's TDi falls. I have heard of issues with TDI cams so I called him and acted dumb(not a far stretch for me) about cams. In 45 minutes, I can say I got not one shred of actual information but I did pick out a lot of bull. He is very much like some of the other Cummins cam guys from the past. Just thought I would pass along that if you are looking for a cam from Frank.......don't. This is a public service message. I do not sell any TDI cams and I am not advocating any brands instead of frank.

back to your regularly scheduled program............

Zach Hamilton

This is good information Zach. If you ever do decide to get into cams for the TDI, put me on your list as I am sure my 06 will eat a cam eventually, so far, knock on wood, it has not in its 113k.

This is good information Zach. If you ever do decide to get into cams for the TDI, put me on your list as I am sure my 06 will eat a cam eventually, so far, knock on wood, it has not in its 113k.

my gf's 06 is fine as well at 100,000 miles.

Speaking of TDI's I need some ZDDP for both... argh. all out.

Put me on the list for TDI cams as well, got a buddy that would be very interested in one for his 05 Passat.

Dang Dex, I just noticed your sig, listing the family rigs now I see.... I think I would need more space if I listed them all from my clan, lol

Well I post about all of them sometimes, the dodge or the ford, and I DD the Beemer so i figure it fits, only one i don't ever drive is the Audi. LOL