tech help 32# boost w/o box

rockfish

I've got a 01 dodge 6spd, qc, banks 4" exhaust, gig head wastegate, K&N air filter, banks exhaust brake. I want to put on the Edge j w/ a and a airdog 100, but it might have a banks otto mind. I called the guy I bought it from, and he can't remember, it was 4 trucks ago he had it built. He gave me the name of the shop, and their records only go back 3 yrs., if I push high rpms in 5 or 6 gear, I can get up to 32# of boost for a breif time. I've looked under the dash, behind the glove box, and around the engine, no red box. I did see a black box way up under the dash where my right knee would be with 2 plugs in it but, it's screwed tight to the back up high. could I get 32# boost w/o a box? What will happen if I put the Edge on, and there is a banks otto mind there? I called banks many times no luck, and their web site says 500 error. Please help, my wife wants to help buy this for me for Christmas, and I don't want her to buy me something I don't need, if I can't get this figured out. Thanks

Easiest way to check and see if you have a box on your truck is to go under the hood and check the MAP sensor plug or the VP pump. Every box uses one of those spots. And its possible to see that much boost without a box, you would just have to have a big set of injectors. I see 32# with my 7x14's and HX40 without the Redline box hooked up...

Also, do you have the stock turbo on it still, or is it an aftermarket?

Nevermind...saw the big head wastegate, that means the stock 35

well I found a blue scotch connector and a yellow wire on the vp pump, but it hard to trace, because everything is in wrap, also I have arb air lockers, and pump, exhaust brake, frt fog lights, rear piaa work lights, a rear winch wiring, and some unknown wires, all neatly bundled and wire tied every 2"? If I clipped this wire, and installed the edge would it be alright. I don't see any connectors on the map sensor.

I finally got to talk to the mech. that does all the work on my friends trucks, and he remembered it. He said that it has a banks stinger system, with a upgraded turbo exhaust housing, and how to take the dash apart to find the otto mind tlc. I found it, but he said that he has a 99 truck w/ a 5spd, and a otto mind, that he replaced with a edge juice, and there was very little difference, until he replaced the injectors, shy vp pump, and turbo? That is too much for me to spend now. any ideas?

An Edge or Quadzilla box would be better than the Banks. However, its hard to justify the cost when there won't be that much improvement. The big head and bigger exhaust housing should provide enough air for a mild injector upgrade. I'd go with a set of RV275's or Edge Jammer nozzles. If thats more than you'd like to do, you could stack a Smarty on that Banks box. It will add quite a bit more fuel, and a lot more on the low end. Plus a used one can be had for $300-$400 if you scan for deals on here and Ebay.

Also add that Airdog before its to late and you toast the VP. I fried mine and that really sucks.