technical problems, had to come home early..

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
so i left last friday for vacation, i was supposed to stay gone until the 20th but it can never go as planned.

so for starters, every morning my juice w/attitude would not come on. the backlight would light up but nothing else, would have to shut off truck and re-start and all is fine.

then once every day, any random time at startup, it would make me agree to all the crap. so i would and i would reset all my setting each time. oh well no big deal.

well thursday my transmission began slipping. let me remind you it only has < 7k miles on a brand new tranny.

i tried to climb a pretty steep road in the mountains that my 08 duramax (glad i brought it with me) would go up no problem in 4hi.

so the dodge is going back to the shop monday morning for a new transfercase AND transmission.

my vacations never go as planned..

oh and no the edge was not ran on any level, always 0.
i just used it for gauges

i would get rid of my 06 but resale is so damn bad right now i have to just suck it up and keep driving it.

so trading it in is out of the question..

with all the problems you've had, repairs, lost hours, etc. you could have bought a few 12v trucks...

I use my 12v every day for work, I use my CR on the weekends for play

i have a 92 12v i am trying to sell haha.
but it has 198k miles on it and i do not want to risk anything with it with no warranty.

lol, risk what?!?! my work truck has 215k on it... change the oil and filters every now and then and they'll just keep running! no sensors, no injector problems, no pump problems, etc.

Buy a real transmission and quit fooling with the OEM 48 trans. :bang

Your juice has a bad ground! Run a line to the batt and be done with it! While your at it check your batt connections.

no way it has a bad ground.
it is grounded where to the firewall where the ground from the battery bolts to.

the dealer says the screwed up transfer case is causing problems with the new transmission.

sorry guys, this thread is going nowhere, i just had to vent haha.

i do know my next vacation coming up in july i will only be taking the 08 dmax and my 06 6.0.

i gotta have my diesels ha.
i pull my rv with one and use the other to rack up miles on, or if the girl gets mad she can take one and i won't be stranded

Back