ted at innovative

WHITEPOWERstrok

does anyone have a # for ted? he was suppose to email me some tunes and i got home to get the tunes and no email.... i would like to get the tunes so i can tow tomorrow mornin, but now im kinda screwed....

does anyone else write tunes that could write me a tow tune tonight? or does anyone have a way to get a hold of ted? please lemme know asap. thanks!

What year truck? and strategy? Check spartans tune library. not sure on your mods but some might work for ya. Ryan

Eric is up half the night anyways writing tunes, He might even get an email now. Atleast it seems that way to me. Why use a towing tune for towing anyways? I don't think I have ran anything less than Erics street tune while towing

I never know who the customers name is from the screen name, but I probably took care of this lastnight. I was working until late, so I'm sure it's covered. Let me know if you need anything. :thankyou2:

I always tow in stock mode. Why risk it?

I don't feel I am risking anything. I have been towing for 4 years in the range of 20-28k gross with 2 different trucks. 90% of the time with an Xtreme street tune in the truck. I don't think I have had any issue that I would consider not normal for a 6.0 Mainly just sticking turbos.

I always tow in stock mode. Why risk it?

I don't feel I am risking anything. I have been towing for 4 years in the range of 20-28k gross with 2 different trucks. 90% of the time with an Xtreme street tune in the truck. I don't think I have had any issue that I would consider not normal for a 6.0 Mainly just sticking turbos.

Many trucks have blown head gaskets in stock configuration while towing so running any tune would raise the risk of potential problems with the extra load

I don't mean to say its great for everyone. But personally. I have been driving a 6.0 sense 2002. I have been on most of these forums sense Jan 03.

I am not saying that I will pull a 5 mile hill with my foot to the floor. Look at it this way. A stock truck makes 325hp at WOT. Now just for conversation. Lets say my truck with x-street makes 325hp at 2/3 throttle. Motor is putting out the same power with both tunes. Only difference is I can keep the rpms a lot lower while towing and have a lot more torque on tap at that same rpm.

Its all in your personal ideas.

I think it is more abuse on the truck to run it stock pulling a hill at 3500 rpms in 4th gear. Than to pull the same hill at the same speed or faster at 2400 rpms with a tune.

This is just my thoughts. Take it for what its worth. I have been driving and beating on 6.0s for a half a dozen years. Drag tracks, truck pulls, towing heavy, plowing snow. Never lost a head gasket or anything worse than having a turbo stick on me.

the reason whitepowerstroke wanted a tune was bc he just installed 190cc he was told that he should get a tune to help keep the egts down while towing. Someone informed him that if he told eric what he had that he could write him a file that would help keep everything in check. Hope this helps out a lil cuz im writing this w a bit of buzz. someone with 190"s lemme know what yall do to tow with so we can get this truck towing again.

he's scared of towing w the injectors that's all. he's on 42" tires. the truck runs about 900-1000 running down the road. We were told that there was someway that the fueling could be backed down and allow him to tow close to stock loads.

I sure hope those 42s have had a gear swap to something lower than the stock 3.73s.

I guess I always assume where talking about someone with a more so stock truck... Anyways... Whats he towing with 42s? And I will assume atleast an 8-10" lift?

I have 190's and a tow file from Eric that keeps everything in check. I tow 12K boat and trailer with it all the time. Your not gonna tow 20K with an extreme file and 190's for very far, because your gonna have melted pistons.

Back