Testing the water for a New Rule?

TAZMAN10

I have personally seen and heard comments on something that may need to be addressed.

The street diesel trucks represent hot street trucks that are SUPPOSE to be streetable trucks. I can't ever remember anyone building a street truck that has to be started on ether. At Kentucky I heard a family discussing the street trucks and they commented on the fact that these are not street trucks if they have to be started in ether. The commet was not directed at me..I just over heard it. This is not the first time I have heard it and it made me wonder...do we need a rule to state the trucks have to start under their own power on # 2 only once they are accross the scales or after they are teched in? It seems to me it would solve more than 1 issue by doing this.

I personally think safety equipment and then turbo charger size should be the teching issues. If we want to get into internals then we might as well start tearing down engines for tech. We could also come up with no sponsored trucks in the street and WS.

Last edited:
I fail to see how teching internal parts is tied to starting a truck on ether. The trucks can't start because they are low compression so they can turn 5000+ RPM. They are not street trucks the rule doesn't require internal teching, it just requires the engine to be warmed up and left running or the engine has to start with out ether!

Dont forget, stock Fords wont start without ether under 85 degrees.

If we keep the 4500rpm rule, it keeps the ether starters out of the class quite nicely.

I was making a point. Why nit pick rules? Keep them simple. Every rule you add is a rule that has to be teched.

Why not just make a Duramax only class...... oh wait we have work stock already..... How about WS2??? LOL LOL

Here ya go make the trucks do a 30 mile round trip then hook to the sled ,, hmmm na bad IDEA

why does everybody keep saying stuff about the work stock class and duramaxes ? just curious

Here ya go make the trucks do a 30 mile round trip then hook to the sled ,, hmmm na bad IDEA

This is a great idea..it worked in the pro-street organazations and I'm sure it would work here. The only thing we were allowed to do was add fuel after the drive. The cars were teched, driven and impounded in the tech arena. The cars were scaled then raced. Gives the spectators something to watch also when all the cars..or in this case trucks...line up to do the drive. I would recomend only doing this at the National events to see if it works.