Texas Diesel Nationals...you should be here

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
If you're not here now...kick yourself in the butt...cause you're missing the biggest all diesel event I've been to yet.
Eirc McBride, David Dunbar and all the DHRA staff....un freakin believable event.....I know I already thanked y'all...but it deserves to be said again.
Outstanding job ladies and gentlemen.:thankyou2:

Friday kickoff party at DI Performance started early as usuall...and ended with full blown nitrous pass drag racing behind the shop...and a whole lot of beer consumed. More than I care to remember...or can remember...whatever.
Oh yea...you missed some of the best BBQ I've ever had...and I'm from Texas so that's saying a lot.

Saturday....great qualifying passes and awesome sled pulling.
Again...ending with off the track drag racing and hooking bumpers...both in the parking lot....and even more beers consumed.

Tomorrow remains to be written....but I need some sleep for sure.

Racing times ?
Y'all should have brought your lazy butts to Houston...but you didn't...so you'll have to wait for that info. LOL

Night boys and girls...I gotta get some sleep...so I can go back for more tomorrow.:kick:

Glad your having fun, wish i was their, next year ill be their for sure!! Now i just want my truck back...driving a 90 F-250 with a 302 and a 5spd sucks!! I

I think there was like 4 times the people there this year than last, and that's no exaggeration. Having a friggin' blast!

imelmo said:
I think there was like 4 times the people there this year than last, and that's no exaggeration. Having a friggin' blast!

Word of advice folks, when this fella offers you a sip of his 2 liter coke bottle TURN IT DOWN!!! Stout stuff in that sucker :evil

If you are not here, you are square, GREAT event, the DHRA crew is doing an exellent job and all is good, times are SMOKIN!!! (9.90@143 for a green truck) and that was just the qualifying run :evil :evil

Anybody that volunteered to pay my way, forgot to let me know. Square? Just don't have the money for the trip. So I stay home and study the dobro.

Hock the Dobro Preston, seeing the look on Darren's face after his screw and strap express made a complete pass :rockwoot:

does anyone know if unbroken ran at the track...it would be awesome to know what that monster 6.0 ran :rockwoot:

Does anyone have any results from the pulls yesterday? Tcolesanti is on his way home since it was rained out today. He wasnt sure of the results.

Tommysgirl said:
Does anyone have any results from the pulls yesterday? Tcolesanti is on his way home since it was rained out today. He wasnt sure of the results.

Sara, I was wondering how he did also.

Holy Crap, I just got home, and if you weren't there, go ahead and kick yourself:kick: .

First, it was awesome to meet those of you that I did. David, Eric, great show, and I have to say, it was done right:ylsuper: :ylsuper: . Thanks so much for everything, and I am glad I got to put the face to the name.

I have some awesome videos, and I will post them up in the video section ASAP.
Including one of David Lott, getting sideways on the track, right aftr he launched.

Like Richard has said, this event was not the one to miss.

Who knew that there was a race track behind DI?:thankyou2: :thankyou2:

Danny, made a Dodge look really bad with a NOS launch, I got to go for a ride in Snow white:ylsuper: :ylsuper: And in case you are wondering, I am still picking my eyeballs out of my skull. It was terrible to see her brake, but I am very thankful for the experience.

I also want to thank, Richard, David and Amanda Lott, and the whole crew at DI. I felt like family, and was treated the same.:thankyou2: :thankyou2:

DJ and Vivian, thanks for fixing my busted ass truck, and DJ, thanks for reminding me that the Nitrous flows better if you open the bottle.:doh: :poke: :poke:

Here are some of the pics:

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/photo/showphoto.php/photo/1204/cat/500/ppuser/6

Last edited:
Lol, I forgot about that pic- bottles for the truck and the people!

DSC00068.JPG

Was there a Ford SB 6.0 there from WI? If so, how did it run? I think the guy goes by IceMonkey online.

BTW...nice pics! Thanks.

Ice Monkey got in late on Saturday and didn't get to run Sunday since it rained out. Good bunch of guys though...we all got to hang out a little bit.

Bobo said:
Was there a Ford SB 6.0 there from WI? If so, how did it run? I think the guy goes by IceMonkey online.

BTW...nice pics! Thanks.

YES, I was there. Got in too late Saturday, and Sunday........:fish:

Even though it was a dissapointment to not run after such a long drive, we got to meet some great people.

Houston_017_Medium_.jpg

i cant tell yall how ticked i am - i made it to houston and got kidnapped for my birthday so i didnt make it to.... anything. :(
i had fun anyway, sure looks like yall did as well! wish i had been able to make it!