Texas Motorplex $10,000 purse and DOUBLE POINTS!

March 6, 2008
Albany, IN
SEASON OPENER AT TEXAS MOTORPLEX OFFERS MANY REWARDS​
The upcoming April 5, 2008 DHRA season opening drag race at the Texas Motorplex, located in Ennis, TX will be a double points event.
Larry Knight, President of the DHRA had this to say, “I felt we (DHRA) needed to add a little excitement to the opener and to reward the competitors for making the journey to the Motorplex”.
Larry added, “not only will it be double points event, but we will have a purse over $10,000.00. We will also award a case of 15W40 Royal Purple Oil to each class winner”.
Here is the break down:

ET Bracket - $500, 250, 100, 100 $950
QD - $500, 250, 100, 100 $950
Pro Street - $2000, 1000, 500, 500 $4,000
Pro Stock/Top Diesel - $1,500, 1,200, 700, 700 $4,100

For more information on the event, event flyers, log on to DHRAonline.com or call 765-768-6400.

Same weekend as the nascar races in FW ouch this is more my speed though im in for e/t brackets.

boy he can sure pick a Date , there is a IHRA National event 150 miles south in San Antona and a NHRA National event 250 miles to the east. This is what happens when you pick a date to offset Jess race

We`were going to show up, "being right in our home town & all" but I just noticed that my toenails needed cutting again, I would rather stay home & do that. :hehe: :hehe: It would be more exciting.

boy he can sure pick a Date , there is a IHRA National event 150 miles south in San Antona and a NHRA National event 250 miles to the east. This is what happens when you pick a date to offset Jess race

Hey Comp you ever thought about cranking up the horsepower in your manure spreader? I had a diesel vendor the other day tell me that he would never sponsor someone like you cause you sling to much crap.:doh: and that you don't portray a professional image. Just some food for thought.

How dare IHRA run the same time as NHRA.. no wait how dare NHRA run the same time as IHRA... How dare they both run the same time as DHRA.. no no, crap. Wait what was this about again?

We`were going to show up, "being right in our home town & all" but I just noticed that my toenails needed cutting again, I would rather stay home & do that. :hehe: :hehe: It would be more exciting.

i'll second that!!

Hey Comp you ever thought about cranking up the horsepower in your manure spreader? I had a diesel vendor the other day tell me that he would never sponsor someone like you cause you sling to much crap.:doh: and that you don't portray a professional image. Just some food for thought.

Regardless, what does this have to do with anything?

Come on out to NC on the 5th of April, MADDOG. That's where all the racing will be going on.

Chris,

I even got a Free ticket you could have :Cheer:

And any others that want one, just drop me a email or pm ;)

let's see that weekend options
dhra
nascar
ride harley
watch grass grow

my order of fun
1 ride harley
2 nascar
3 watch grass grow
10 dhra

have a rally, dyno, or odra somewhere else i'll be there with bells on!

Soooo Who won?

ET Bracket - $500, 250, 100, 100 $950
QD - $500, 250, 100, 100 $950
Pro Street - $2000, 1000, 500, 500 $4,000
Pro Stock/Top Diesel - $1,500, 1,200, 700, 700 $4,100

I know WE had a blast!

:ft:

I have many pics yet to be uploaded, I will post them for sure ;)

From the pic's it seems as if the stands are empty. Was there any bit of a turnout at all? what about trucks? many show up?

I ended up 3rd in the ET Brackets.

These are pics of me. Thanks for getting a couple of my truck! This is the first race someone has taken pictures ofmy truck on the track.

Dix
DHRA race.jpg

Attachments

• DHRA race 2.jpg
    DHRA race 2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DHRA race 3.jpg
    DHRA race 3.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DHRA race 4.jpg
    DHRA race 4.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DHRA race 5.jpg
    DHRA race 5.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
From the pic's it seems as if the stands are empty. Was there any bit of a turnout at all? what about trucks? many show up?

Some of the pics of the stands I took was really early in the day.

I didn't get any at the time the Eliminations and Finals came around.

Sorry. :doh: