Texas pulling series

Why is it that we can't get a diesel sled pulling series here in Texas. I really enjoy sled pulls and would like to build a sled truck but don't want to drive over a 1,000 miles for weekend competitions. I know several guys that share my same thoughts. All you other Texas guys lets here your thoughts and see what we can't get figured out.

Well first off i think they really screwed it all up by ditching all the other classes and just running the 2.6 class. Now all the guys like me, supersmoker, nick, buck haydman, Mopower, and some other have spent the money on building a full pulling truck and they ****ed us.

Know after all the money we have in our truck they want us to drop down to a smaller turbo and toast our engines. I give up. Everyhime i have pulled with these guys i have placed. The only reason i feel like i dont want to go to all the pulls is i want them to see they messed up and since there used to be 20 to 40 trucks at a pull and know 4 or 5 they shot them selves in the foot if you ask me.

Well instead of building a pulling truck, I think I'm gonna take a bunch of **** from behind the barn and build a sled instead. Maybe after building one I can contact all the good ole town fair associations to start doing truck pulls at them. Back in the 80's every small fair had truck and tractor pulls so why not bring back some of the good ole days.

count junction in on that. I am trying to get one set up here my aunt is head of the chamber. And is looking pritty good.

I've just got to do alot of research so i can get everything done correctly. just need to find out when there having a pull close to Texas so I can get some ideas and a few technical things figured out. I can't find much about sleds on the internet.

Back