The difference between fords flash and sct tunning

smokersteve

I was trying to explain to my father that Eric's sct tunes (not his fcm flash) and fords new flash are 2 different things and that the new flash is really good for our truck.

but I know nothing about their differences.

He asked a few things that I didn't know how to answer.

Shouldn't sct and or Eric alter the programing like ford.

Why doesn't sct and or Eric have the latest ford programing.

How is fords programing or capabilities differ from sct and or Eric. Besides hp increase and the trans tunes

This is excluding trans

Thanks everyone

I was trying to explain to my father that Eric's sct tunes (not his fcm flash) and fords new flash are 2 different things and that the new flash is really good for our truck.

but I know nothing about their differences.

He asked a few things that I didn't know how to answer.

Shouldn't sct and or Eric alter the programing like ford.

Why doesn't sct and or Eric have the latest ford programing.

How is fords programing or capabilities differ from sct and or Eric. Besides hp increase and the trans tunes

This is excluding trans

Thanks everyone

Its not always the "best" thing for the truck to get the latest flash, since in most cases the new flash reduces power and reduces MPG, if the truck is running fine now, leave it alone.

When Eric writes tunes, its for your trucks particular strategy, he cannot/does not change the strategy code with a tune, he just adjust all the parameters within that strategy. The only way for the strategy to be changed is with an IDS or equivalent (a SCT would not be an equivalent)

Back