the down side of the bully dog

Farmer

I would like everyone insights on the bullydog to the sct. I have the bully dog but thinking about the sct since I have been told that the bullydog could have been part of my tranny problem. The only down side I c on the sct is that I cant change it on the fly. Thanks Matt

Changing on the fly is part of the problem. Add in that the BD has no trans controls and you have a recipe for a new trans if you beat on it a lot.

yes..the biggest downfall of the SCT is the inability to adjust it on the fly..

BUT I would take that any day over having to rebuild my trans..

If you get an SCT, I assure you that you will find a tune that you wont want to switch from! I run a Looney everyday unless Im towing.

yeah most people find a tune and run that one everyday, no need to switch them. Most people just run the race files everyday, you can drive them normal, or when you want you can haul ass!

I never understood why so many people love the on the fly adjustability. I run my best file all the time and I dont have to worry about on the fly tuning.

I don't think the SCT's will ever be able to shift on the fly and I don't know if you would want them to either.

The SCT replaces the stock computer with a tune file and stores the stock file in the SCT. I wouldn't even want to think about going through that process while driving. :badidea:

Thanks,
Vivian

The way I look at it, if you have to change files all the time, you dont have the right tuner!

I usually ran the Looney file all the time, even when towing my 10,000# boat, (Disclaimer- DJ does not recommend towing with this file) It worked fine as long as I watched my EGT's. If I was going a long distance, I would drop Dougs animal tow file in there while I was hooking up the trailer, and by the time I got it ready to go the tune was ready. The shift on the fly capabilities are over rated. I had an edge that I could change, and never used it, and it worked better that way.

thanks. that was info I was looking for. I was told by the bd guy that if I stayed in the higher programms that i would have to worry about the egt and melting down the turbo. but if alot of you guys say that I can run the higher tunes everyday and not worry about things I thin I am in. I just put a tranny in my truck and I belive the cuz to be partailly becuz of the bullydog.

monitoring your boost, trans temp, and egt's are the ONLY way to ensure that ANY tuner won't mess up your equipment... hell, you can fry a trans in stock form..