The grampa truck

Number one it was flat roads
Number two I'm not sure the guy that sold me my truck is even half way telling em **** for the truth and I don't have the programmer to remove the hyper tech
And number three who gives a **** it's got a 3 year warranty if I blow it up every 5000 miles they will get better at changing it and maybe put half way decent parts in it

I have determined it is the tq converter that has been acting up since I bought the truck it was kicking in and out very hard from 15 to 20 mph now will kick in and then fall out

The converter should not "kick in" or lock as most people call it, until 45-50mph in overdrive and usually around 30mph in drive. What you may be feeling is the 2-3 shift and a modified valve body can and will make the shifts hit harder. The heat could be because the converter is not locking. What speed were you traveling on these flat roads and were you in drive or overdrive? Ask your tranny guy what the line pressure is at idle and WOT. You could be slipping the converter or clutches in the tranny, how did the tranny fluid look/smell after your trip?

Oh yea, your stock VP should be fine unless you are planning on going over 500hp. The VP44 has variable timing which is not the case with the p-pump so upgrading to a p-pump at your power level would be asinine. Make sure you have a fuel pressure gauge and as long as the VP has fuel pressure it should last a good long while.

Last edited:
Well, proved the trans wasn't built that well. I hooked up to my unloaded 16foot flat bed (What... 2500k tops? Thank GOD I didn't buy another Dodge!) and was going to pull it to tulsa to my Aunt's house so tomorrow I could pull a fifth wheel back from down by vian. My trans over heated so I pulled over and poped it in neutral to cool off. Then got to my Aunts, let it cool off good and started to Verdigris with the trailer after some plans changed. It over heated again, so I cooled it off again and started on my way. Then it did it again! I shut it off, unhooked the trailor, and headed to the parts store. It screwed the pooch about the time I pulled into my cousins driveway. We changed the fluid and it was still broke so it's going back to the shop that built it and getting a new one, maybe they'll get it right this time.
Sorry for the corrections and embellishments but it was VERY hard to read in Oklahoman.
overheating is not the builders fault, turn the fugging overdrive off when you're towing :doh:
With an empty small trailer??????

handicapped 
[han-dee-kapt]

–adjective
1. physically or mentally disabled.
2. (of a contestant) marked by, being under, or having a handicap: a handicapped player. Bob's Dodge is handicapped having the inability to pull even light loads in overdrive.

Still glad I didn't buy another Dodge. (Now where's that "Dodge tranny sliping, bleeding, and on fire" smily LOL)

Note to self....

Read any introduction thread longer than 2 pages for a good laugh...

Back to laughing..

] With an empty small trailer??????

handicapped 
[han-dee-kapt]

–adjective
1. physically or mentally disabled.
2. (of a contestant) marked by, being under, or having a handicap: a handicapped player. Bob's Dodge is handicapped having the inability to pull even light loads in overdrive.

Still glad I didn't buy another Dodge. (Now where's that "Dodge tranny sliping, bleeding, and on fire" smily LOL)

so what you're saying is that is IS the builders fault? thats why i bought a damn 5 speed, so i dont have to deal with all the dodge auto bullsh*t...

so what you're saying is that is IS the builders fault? thats why i bought a damn 5 speed, so i dont have to deal with all the dodge auto bullsh*t...
If I couldnt pull a small empty trailer on flat roads without turning the OD off then I would have to find a different tranny builder.

Note to self....

Read any introduction thread longer than 2 pages for a good laugh...

Back to laughing..

Yup, when I saw it was at least a few pages long but it wasn't a girl's intro I knew something had to be up. LOL

Back