THE TFOD Diesel Thread

TMills

I am looking to start this thread with the intention of finding out the best transmission valve body setup combination for daily driving, towing, and competition use. I have installed the transgo kit in my 47re with no other mods and am pleased with my results. If you have installed the kit please post the following info....
1.) Transmission
2.) Daily driver, dedicated tow rig, competition use
3.) Any other transmission mods (converter, clutch count, band lever, etc.)

Install questions....
1.) Lockup control hole drilling - (instructions state one or two holes from .076 to .096)
2.) Later throttle on up-shifts (Yes or No) - Install GREEN TV spring.
3.) 2-3 plate hole modification - (instructions state stock should be from .089 to .093 and modfied from .103 to .106)
4.) Lock-up pressure modification - (hole enlarged to .076 to 096)

Please recommend other questions that should be added along with any suggestions for install and setup.

1.) 47re
2.) Daily driver
3.) No other mods

1.) Did not do
2.) No
3.) 3/32
4.) Did not do

I am pleased with the way the transmission shifts. It is firmer and seems to hold the my power during my daily commute. The shifts are firm, but not jerky at all. Install recommendation is to take your time (will need a whole day or two) and get ATLEAST 12 quarts of trans fluid before you start. Overall, a very good value and I plan on upgrading the rest of the trans when I have time to pull it.

i have done a couple. now if you have a stock converter you have to watch the lockup pressure on the plate on the top of the valve body. with a billet piston you can go to town.
my trans is a 47re
2) daily driver/fun
3)stock rebuild. custom built single disk converter. (extra direct and o/d cluch in trans)

1)2 .096 holes for alpply
2)no
3)as large as they can go without drilling the 1-2 and the 2-3 into one. (would have to look at paper for actual size
4).110

sonnax now makes a billet 1-2 accumulator, and a 2nd egar servo for band apply. great additions to the kit.
also you should add pressure setting.
I started 4 turns out and I have to put a gauge on it, I will end up about 210 psi WOT in 4th gear. (just rebuilt valve body havnt done it yet)
I would also install a heavy duty band strut, which this kit does not come with, but again I believe sonnax sells.
also sonnax lube regulated pressure regulator valve so that the unit gets lube in park, and a sonnax 4 land switch valve for lockup.
oh and make absolute sure to use the heavy duty holder for the lockup shuttle valve. they break all the time.
I think thats it. :woohoo:

I am ordering the tfod-diesel kit tonight how should i set it up the trans just got a full rebuild with extra alto clutches billet apply lever and strut and a goerend triple disc converter just some help will be cool and what exactly does the later throttle shift do

mostly just racing but it does get the occasional snow mobile triler behind it with 3 sleds on it nothing too heavy and it sits 90 percent of the time

you dont want later up shifts. I like the 2-3 holes in the seporator plate pretty big to get a firm shift, and the pressure regulator adjusted about 4 turns out, other than that just do what it says

got it all done and it jumps right into second as soon as i start to roll any ideas

they also shift way early im gonna play with the tv cable when i get home from work tonight

thanks a ton i just saw you over on the cummins forum.....good to have you over there