Thermostat housing.....

HRDROKN

Prestige Worldwide
Anyone have a thought as to what I'm missing to get this all together....

Thermostst housing.
A063010-4.jpg

Is the thermostat supossed to fit down insid the housing? As this one does not.
A063010-3.jpg

Any idea as to which seal would be correct?
A063010-5.jpg

:what:

The engine lift bracket without it the gasket is too tall. Rich

Oops I think the thermostat is too big also it should go into the groove on the housing.Rich

"autozone" stats that I have tried where half the price but didnt fit because they were too big.. is this a Cummins or aftermarket stat?

just had mine apart last week. seem to think there was a gasket that went in the groove in the waterneck, and then the thermostat, and then the one with the step in it fits thru the lift bracket.

The engine lift bracket without it the gasket is too tall. Rich

Oops I think the thermostat is too big also it should go into the groove on the housing.Rich

Agreed... this must be the wrong thermostat, I need one with a smaller diameter to fit down inside the housing. Since I'm not using the lift bracket... I would guess that there is an application for this?

:Cheer:

just had mine apart last week. seem to think there was a gasket that went in the groove in the waterneck, and then the thermostat, and then the one with the step in it fits thru the lift bracket.

Looking at a first gen book.... It only shows the one step gasket. Wonder if this was a change with the second gen trucks?

And there is no telling what my thermostat housing came off of... I had a basket of parts!

Either way I'm starting to see the picture... just not sure what application for the correct parts.

"autozone" stats that I have tried where half the price but didnt fit because they were too big.. is this a Cummins or aftermarket stat?

The housing could have came off a large Ford F-series? IDK... I ordered the t-stat from Geno's for a second gen truck and that obviously is no t correct.

:Cheer:

if it to big call a t stat for a 89 90 first gen with the gasket it not the same as the 2gen 1gen is smaller t-stat end gasket is not the same

your t-stat elbo is toward the passenger side is first gen smaller t-stat with is oring gasket if it toward front of engine it 2gen biger t-stat with is oring gasket i ave the 2 model and this is wi hi have loking for this difference i have use the 2 model with different radiator