thermostat?

strokenb4cummin

ok ... i drove from PA to NC the other night with no problems with the truck... i get down here to NC and shut the truck off for a few hours i go back outside to start it to go to dinner and the temp gauge went right up to hot.. so i toped it off with some antifreeze and drove it around for about 30 mins and the truck temp was normal.... i come back and parked it for about 2 hours then went to go back out and drove about a 1/2mile and the temp wne right back up to hot.. and now the truck has been sitting for 12 hours i went outside and turned the key on and the temp gauge is still at hot and my fluids are all normal... so it makes me think its the thermostat or one of the semiunits and there aint no diesel garages around here..

does anyone kno wats going on if its the thermostat or not and if it is where is it located and how hard would it be to change in a store parkinlot..... i got a 2003 6.0L

thanks... seth

well i made a few phone calls and people told me it was the semiunit so i got on at napa haha now the tricky part is to get the old out with the very little tools i got

good luck, ya if it was the thermostat it actually would of been boiling the coolant to get the gauge on hot.

Back