Things are coming around in the Nhra

John Robinson

Most of you guys know that we've been focusing our team on the Nhra side of thinks recently & im proud to announce that I think now as a diesel we are in for good ..The usual giggles & ribbing we usually receive has subsided & our fellow racers in the top dragster class have actually learned to like us . we still don't have the car where she needs to be to beat anybody but we have made enough pass' without any issues that they aren't afraid of it anymore . We did receive the best engineered car at our last event & I'm proud for all the good people that are involved with this car .....I love it when a plan comes together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
Congrats to you and your team for bringing our sport to the masses with a professional attitude and letting the car speak for itself. Good luck to you for continued success and hopefully picking up some round wins in the future.

Congrats!!

Glad to see some positive news in the diesel world! Most down to earth guy in the diesel industry. You spoke with myself and whoever else was crowded around your car at SDX a couple years ago and didn't act arrogant or in a hurry. Been a big fan ever since. Thank you John.

Sweet! Now if there was only some more diesel competition....your neighbour might have it off the jack stands pretty quick.

Congratulations JR. I'm not a drag racer and only casually follow the sport but why the switch to NHRA? Is it because of the lack of top dragsters in the diesel world?

Congratulations JR. I'm not a drag racer and only casually follow the sport but why the switch to NHRA? Is it because of the lack of top dragsters in the diesel world?

yes..9 years ago I thought their would be at least 15 tube chassis rank cars out there to play with... The drag racing thing just hasn't developed like we were hoping, Jeff Dean is the poster child of what can happen if you are willing to work hard enough, you don't have to be born with money to go racing, the money is out there, go get it. But in saying that Jeff Dean has been spending a little too much time on the couch & not enough time out racing. bif

yes..9 years ago I thought their would be at least 15 tube chassis rank cars out there to play with... The drag racing thing just hasn't developed like we were hoping, Jeff Dean is the poster child of what can happen if you are willing to work hard enough, you don't have to be born with money to go racing, the money is out there, go get it. But in saying that Jeff Dean has been spending a little too much time on the couch & not enough time out racing. bif

Not to rain on anyone else's parade, but why don't you run Pro Stock Truck at NHRDA events? There's usually more cars/trucks in there than Top Diesel. I think you're legal for it?

So excited for y'all, John! I think I spied that pink Valair sticker still on there too. ;) Makes me proud to know you!

Congratulations John! Could not happen to a nicer guy. Looks like your out there enjoying yourself and that is what it's all about.

Much respect to you and your crew, John. Keep fighting the good fight!

Not to rain on anyone else's parade, but why don't you run Pro Stock Truck at NHRDA events? There's usually more cars/trucks in there than Top Diesel. I think you're legal for it?
It's because I like chasing stuff up the ladder not down it ..a warrior is gauged by the size of his adversaries ...even though I love them all :)

Nice job John

Nice job on your NHRA endeavors! That's pretty cool and awesome way to get a little diesel loving. I will be real honest, the diesel click is starting to wear thin. We are starting to look like the ricer crowd with all the BS that seems to happen daily. Now I'm one to talk because I'm on 3 musketeers(wade,dimiti and Hogue) all the time but they are the part of the problem with this stuff. We need young guys wanting to race not go and see how drunk they can get! We need to find a way to get people interested racing and not smoking people out. I'm still going to play but its hard to not go play with the jeep or SXS when you don't have all the BS. It's hard when you do a burnout and your crew guy shuts you off because you have a BOLT in your slick from some ones fender( looked like a fender bolt). The tires had 12 passes and that's a cool $900 for a new set. I'm not a quitter or I would have already shut the deal down. I want to make ONE GOOD PASS just to prove to myself and everyone else that it is capable and then it might be foe sale. If its not fun its just not worth do for me. Sorry rant over, it's been a bad couple of weeks at the shop and just tired of people. Awesome job John.

It's because I like chasing stuff up the ladder not down it ..a warrior is gauged by the size of his adversaries ...even though I love them all :)

And that right there is why you are such a respectable man and role model. :clap:

Well I personally love to see both of you guys go down the track on compression ignition and to hell with all the other bullshidt posers. Nicely done gentlemen. And congrats again, JR. You da man.

Now I'm one to talk because I'm on 3 musketeers(wade,dimiti and Hogue) all the time but they are the part of the problem with this stuff.

There's a difference though, Wade and Dmitri actually run things other than their mouths. To me that counts for a lot.

You have a copy of Bartlett's Familiar Quotations by your desk or something? Sometimes your comments surprise me LOL.....

I think you should run PSK just once for a record ;)