Thinking about an 06 truck

Lostnwalmart

Well I have my eye on an 06 mega 4x4 auto 180,000, was wondering what problems these truck have commonly, I know injectors tend to go out and front end issues with the 4x4's but is there any thing else? The truck will be a dd/tow rig for the 94. For mods I was thinking new tc valve body, efi live, 351/s478 twins and cp3 mod. Just so it tows better :hehe:
Let me know what you guys think. also average mileage with these big things?

haha you guys are terrible, I have an airdog, 181/210 cam from zach, 2nd gen manifold and extra waste gate lying around.... this is getting more tempting the more I think about it

Last edited:
yeah the hd rebuild kits are not expensive buuut I'm really looking for possible problems others have had with them

The air blend door and the tach are the only issues I've had with mine at 110K other than the usual front end parts. Plan on buying some steering parts around 80k.

I don't beat on mine, I just have a small tune 4" lift, heavy tires, and wheels... I avg 16mpg

I doubt you'll have any injector issues, unless of course you crank the rail and beat the piss out of it. Mine popped after running aggressive rail boxes; had I never done that I doubt it would have melted. My opinion of course.

Out of both my trucks, I've yet to have anything remotely resembling a bad front end; 120k on the 03 and 97k on the 07. Both track nearly as straight down the road as they did brand new. Never replaced anything.

I say get it. And longbed that b**ch:lolly:

from the looks of the truck is hasnt been beaten hard and is in good shape, im guessing it was well taken care of by the previous owner. Ill go look at it this weekend for sure.

injectors and cp3 crapped out on my 04 and 06 both over the 100k mark tho and due to my own dumb ars , i killed alot of 48re's too lol again my heavy foot

Back