Thinking of a stack

1911 guy

Trunk Monkey
Well was thinking of doing a single miter cut but was wondering if you guys could post up some pics of some 6's 7's and 8''ers just so i can get an idea of what it will look like on the truck. Also are yall buying the stack kit for 200 bucks or is it possible to use the remaining pieces of the tail section to fab the up pipe? If there is just an aluminized up pipe kit let me know. All the ones i see are stainless which is why they cost so damn much. Dont think i need to add stainless to my aluminized system, besides who is gonna see it? Im working with a 5'' system just incase it matters. Thanks.

here is mine, its an 8". i just bought the parts i needed to put it together and hooked it up to the factory pipe right after the cat test pipe. it was easy to hook up and i can put my cat back in if i ever have to.

e_MG_0988.jpg

7" in Black. I will take some pictures of the 7" Chrome one on the Sled Puller

l_e41bbb534596440f963f5e1ffff8005d.jpg

l_bb42f53508f34332829118ba0b681aff.jpg

l_a6d373778e124b8fbf82c7024ebf00a1.jpg

l_759537a2d79d44c3b0b289c423c5588c.jpg

l_346b047913094a49ba02a93f13d38f20.jpg

l_2f6e14e17ab54212bd90b596e354e117.jpg

I've got pics of mine but don't have a photobucket acct. I moved mine to the passenger side to get rid of the drone. It looks clean compared to the traditional inside frame mount...I can email the pic to somebody if they wanna post it for me...

I like mine but I made it flush with the cab. I like it where you cannot see the stack while you are looking at the truck from the front.

Attachments

• stack.jpg
    stack.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Tory.jpg
    Tory.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for the pictures. I really like the 7'' in black. But my truck is white with chrome wheels and bumper. So im torn between black and chrome now. By the way has any one seen a cheaper up pipe kit on the market?

tel you the truth the 200 dollar kit doesnt sound that bad? I bought all of mine through Peterbilt and got a 60 percent discount and still was like 170 for a 36inch mite stack, 2ft flex pipe, the 2 clamps, and the 6 inch chrome stack clamp to the bed.

this is the setup on my brothers x puller.

Attachments

• tyrel's stacks.bmp
    635.5 KB · Views: 153
Thanks for the pictures. I really like the 7'' in black. But my truck is white with chrome wheels and bumper. So im torn between black and chrome now. By the way has any one seen a cheaper up pipe kit on the market?

If you have a local big truck shop or parts dept in your local area like Fleetpride you can get it really cheap. I buy everything there and have less than $150 in my total set up which includes a 10' section of 5" pipe. Remember I did mine 2.5 yrs ago when anything bigger was dumb lol. Fleet Pride is where it's at!!

tel you the truth the 200 dollar kit doesnt sound that bad? I bought all of mine through Peterbilt and got a 60 percent discount and still was like 170 for a 36inch mite stack, 2ft flex pipe, the 2 clamps, and the 6 inch chrome stack clamp to the bed.

So you just ran flex from under the truck all the way to your stack? This 200 dollar kit im talkin about doesn't include the stack, so im looking at 400 easy. Do most truck shops carry 5'' flex? Think ill just do that.

I did my own, ordering parts online or using scrap in the garage. I did install a 5050XL muffler so I had a few more parts to collect. But for just a straight pipe single black stack you shouldn't need much. You can buy it all for probably $200 or so. Now you can spend 3 times that much depending on your bling factor.

1-2' of 5" exhaust pipe
1-2' of 5" flex pipe
1 5" long leg 90* elbow
1 adapter from 5 to what ever stack pipe size
3-5' 6,7 or 8" pipe for stack
clamps as needed or weld
rattle can stove paint

12_20_09_08_8_01_54_0.jpg

12_05_10_08_6_27_52_2.jpg

12_05_10_08_6_27_51_0.jpg

12_05_10_08_6_27_52_3.jpg

No, what I did was cut the exhaust as close to the spot as I could. From there I cut a hole in the bed right about where I had the exhaust cut. Then stuck my 5inch to 4inch adapter through the hole in the bed. The hole was cut to exactly 4inch so that the adapter would fit very snug in there and would bottom out on the 5inch part and act as hanger. So with this done I used the piece of flex pipe to make the bend from the existing exhaust to the new exhaust which might of been a 1foot piece of flex pipe. so now with that done I took my 36inch mitre stack which was a 6inch that flared down to 5inch at the bottom. It was not a very cheap stack. But it worked out to be almost perfect it came right about to the height I wanted it to be.

I left out the flex pipe ran to the 90. With everything mine was right at 200 but I had a pretty good discount through a person that worked there. But I think it would be easier to go to a local big truck store and order the parts by yorself.

Something else you can do if you know someone that works at a shop like that is let them know that you are looking for parts like this. I have seen quite a few stacks get thrown out because they had a dent in them somewhere or the end where it bolts to your exhaust was rolled in shipping. I am looking at work right now for parts for my stack setup. Just an idea for you guys out there.

I've got pics of mine but don't have a photobucket acct. I moved mine to the passenger side to get rid of the drone. It looks clean compared to the traditional inside frame mount...I can email the pic to somebody if they wanna post it for me...

Id like to see that.. seems like EVERYONE is doing single stacks now days and they are all in the same spot. I've been thinking about doing one on the passenger side on mine. Don't know how to help you with posting though.

Id like to see that.. seems like EVERYONE is doing single stacks now days and they are all in the same spot. I've been thinking about doing one on the passenger side on mine. Don't know how to help you with posting though.

I can send you a couple pics via email.

Stacks look awesome, but i had 5" running into a single 6" miter cut on my 05 and it got old fast. It vibrated everything in the cab. I might have left it on the truck 5 months before i went back to a normal exhaust