Thinking of buying a Dmax

Robts

Proud Fummins Owner
Im thinking of buying a used Dmax for a Daily driver but all know me, I will do some modifications to it but minor

What year should I look at. It will be 2007 or older. 4wd.

When I get it will either be PPE hot+2 or EFI live
Not sure what is better. Not doing pumps, or turbo

What should I look at when looking for a DD. My trailblazer ss needs to go and I need a tow rig for next year:evil

If your just looking for a daily driver/ tow truck I would go with the 06 or 07 LBZ and do a EFI live tune on it. The stock 6 speed trans can handle more power than the older 5 speeds. They also tow better in my opinion, and run cooler egts.

rob, buy a early 04 lb7 gmc, cheap and easy to get 500hp, none of that vgt crap on it either. i have some tunes you can try via efi live. also lb7s and lly's(04.5-05 lly) have better cast mahle pistons than the lbz to present engines. seventy468 (member here) has a badass dually with your name written all over it, for sale here with all the goodiesLOL

Last edited:
If your just looking for a daily driver/ tow truck I would go with the 06 or 07 LBZ and do a EFI live tune on it. The stock 6 speed trans can handle more power than the older 5 speeds. They also tow better in my opinion, and run cooler egts.

x2 Get a 2006 LLY/LBZ or a 2007 LBZ. Put in a Transgo Jr., an EGR blocker plate, a 4 or 5 inch exhaust, a lift pump and one of the tuners you mentioned. You'll love it.