Thinking of going from 3rd gen to 1st!

Hummin'Cummins

Well the deal is this... Currently I have an 06 2500 at about 500h.p. The monthly payment has me strapped, I've been in it about 2 1/2 years. I'm looking at a 1st gen 5spd. with 116k on it for $5995.00. It looks clean from the picture but I have yet to see it in person. Is this a totally stupid move backward? I'm not worried about the power issue, just want good mileage and towing capability with a lower payment. Anything to watch out for on these besides the kdp??

Go for it. The ride and the turning radius is what you will miss on the newer truck.
That is low miles for a 1st gen!

Its like going back to the stone age. If your spoiled you won't like it. That being said I really enjoy mine.

id say go for it parts are very cheap can make easy power and there so easy to work on if you have to and if they have fresh paint they look soo good imo

making payments on a 1st gen? I'm assuming you're rolling in negative equity? :confused:

the 1st gens are cool old trucks, but if you're used to creature comforts, it can be a tough pill to swallow :eek:

I thought my first gen had all the creature comforts:hehe:

But I still wouldn't trade it for a new one....... EVER

Go for it, a 400hp first gen will probly feel stronger than your 500hp CR, and 400 hp is pretty easy to get

I'd do it. I've got a few 1st gens and just got rid of my 06. There are things I liked and miss about the 3rd gen, but not having a payment more than makes up for it.

I called about that one today and they said it's already gone... Oh well just have to keep lookin'. How do the rears and suspension hold up on 1st. gens?

I called about that one today and they said it's already gone... Oh well just have to keep lookin'. How do the rears and suspension hold up on 1st. gens?

:hehe: :hehe:

Let's see...leaf springs and a Dana 70 rear, Dana 60 Kingpin up front...does it get much better than that??

Chris

look for cracked frame!!!! gotta 92 2wd club cab no rust in south texas. runs like a top odo quit at 213k. not worried about it stoppin any time soon. may sell.????

The dana 70 leaves a little to be desired(weak pinion) thats why I swapped an 80 into mine

The dana 70 leaves a little to be desired(weak pinion) thats why I swapped an 80 into mine

Don't forget the weak carrier. I have broken 2. Pin gets loose, comes out and breaks all kinds of stuff. Kinda makes rear wheels go from 50 to 0 real quick.

I have one of each. Only way to rock.

I use the 1st gen for putting around town, hauling stuff, and when it's muddy/raining outside.

Nice sunny days the 3rd gen gets to prowl.