Those of you with 22.5's

apocalypse1812

Nailed It!
What Size Tires are you running? Lift? No Lift?

I want to get a set of 22.5's, but not really sure what size tire to run with no Lift...

I'm thinking 215/70R22.5

I have to keep it no lift because I live in a 5th wheel travel trailer.

cant see if you have a 4x4 or not, but when i ran 19.5's
i had 285/70 tires, load range h, with just a 2" level kit.

PIC-0180.jpg

100_2123.jpg

I've Got a 4X4 DRW, and wanted to see what some people were running as far as commercial tires

yeah load range h is about as commercial as you can get.
with a dually, unless you want to run rear spacers, the
biggest tire you can run is a 265/70. most guys run a 225
or a 245...

yeah those 19.5's i ran had less backspacing
than the stock rims if thats what your asking.
meaning they stuck out more than the stock
rims.

I'm running 19.5 Vision 181 Heavy Hauler wheels, 6.75 wheel width with 245/70's that are 33.5"s diam, 9.75 tread width. I could have easily run 256/70's and gained another 1" of wheel diam and .5" tread width. They are about 1-1/2"s wider overall than the stock dually wheels/tires when bolted up together, tread is still inside the fenderwell, but barely. If you go 22.5's, they will stick out of the fenderwell by about 1-1/2"s on each side.

CD

I had an 06 Ford 4x4 before my dodge with 22.5s for a few months. I ran 215/70R22.5 tires I believe they where Goodyears traction tires. I had to have them balanced and trued at a shop that did rigs so they would roll smooth. I only removed them cause it was my work truck and fuel mileage was killing me.

Yep, the beads are the only way to go, they are excellent for balancing. I have used them in tires for quite some time, all sizes from stock tires in 15" to 17" and also in my 19.5's. Amazing how they work to get a perfect ride.

CD

they did those beads in my truck and it was the worst drive home ever..lol.. i had them take the tires back off each wheel and dynamic balance them w/ stick on weights and now it rides like a dream

they did those beads in my truck and it was the worst drive home ever..lol.. i had them take the tires back off each wheel and dynamic balance them w/ stick on weights and now it rides like a dream

did the shop use the right amount of beads? they have a chart for how many oz per tire going by size

yea but every semi shop around here told me to get rid of them... so i did.. pomp's tire service was the one that said they are to inconsistent thats why they do not recommend them

i had a mega cab dually with 22.5's with a leveling kit and i ran 255/70R22.5 tires