Thoughts on this dash for a 2.6 truck

05hummincummins

smoked ya
Im wanting to build a dash similar to either one of these pictures to holster some
more gauges. i would also like to run an inteladash. The first pic is the dash that i
have built in the past and the other idea came from the lethal injection truck
thanks to diesel power magazine.

My question is do u think there would be a problem passing tech?

Attachments

• ohtdxyvlh.jpg
    ohtdxyvlh.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 0
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 0
Ok so i just viewed the 2nd picture and its small but what i want to do is very
similar to the 1st pic minus the hand throttle and gear shifter for the reverser lol.

It still has the original dash, just a different setup for the gauges. I think it should pass. I want to do something similar to the first one as well.

I will be mainly running nadm rules. The biggest reasoning for doin a dash like this is i dnt have the funds for any kind of data logger system, but i would like to keep any eye on intake temps before and after the intercooler , boost before and after the intercooler, fuel pressure ,oil pressure water temp, and possibly all 6 cylinders of exhaust temps. I was gna mount one of my spare cameras in the cab to do the monitoring.

I will be mainly running nadm rules. The biggest reasoning for doin a dash like this is i dnt have the funds for any kind of data logger system, but i would like to keep any eye on intake temps before and after the intercooler , boost before and after the intercooler, fuel pressure ,oil pressure water temp, and possibly all 6 cylinders of exhaust temps. I was gna mount one of my spare cameras in the cab to do the monitoring.

Save your money, you won't be able to look at the gages anyway. If you figure your gonna have $700 in egt gages I would look at a data logger.

6 channel EGT - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

This might be a start for the EGT if you think you can look at it.

Thats pretty cool Z ive never seen that before, but like you said when i was pullin all i really watched was the rpm

Yeah, if you want to spend your 12 seconds looking at your dashboard during a hook, well, your competition probably won't be too upset about that LOL

I dnt want to look at them goin down the track i want to put a camera on the gauge so when the hook is over i can go back and look at them

Long as the vids get put up on youtube it should b ok!! But Id pm Gene to see if it will fly wit NADM!

I dnt want to look at them goin down the track i want to put a camera on the gauge so when the hook is over i can go back and look at them

Yes sir the ole helmet cam data aquistion system, I have one and they can be a bear to read :)