Thoughts on this Turbo for my Setup....

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
I'm still learning as I go and have gotten several opinions about turbos.....I'm leaning toward a Ind. Inject. Silver 62 ..... I think its 62/74/14....

I've been told that I need a 62/12 for the best daily/towing/ and close to 500HP....

I need a good daily driver that spools close to stock and will drive ok on my lower power settings when i'm not tryin to spank some sportscars A$$.....And also tow my girlfriends horses (approx. 5000-7000 lbs) without surge issues....

My goal is to hopefully crack the 500 HP mark with this turbo (or which ever I choose to buy).........Then down the road add some 50 or 90 HP sticks and a TST to stack with my Crazy Larry and MP8 combo.....

I'd like to see 550-600 someday and that'll be about all I'll being willing to put into this thing money wise...and to keep from breaking chit too.....

Anybody have any experience with the turbo.......I'm being told that the Silver 64 would be ok for daily and towing also......Is this true?????

I only want to do this ONCE!!!!!

:thankyou2: in advance!!!

Of the 62's, 64's and 66's running around here, I wouldn't hesitate to go 66/71/14. I may not be the right person to talk to about turbo lag, but i have recommended several 66mm turbos and no one is unhappy with going big. Each of the three 66 'chargers tow regularly up to 12k. None have problems with towing and tight automatic torque converters. Go big unless you can sacrifice ~25-30HP for having a smaller, instant-spool turbo.

I have yet to experience the 66 but, at the moment I'm running a 64/14 and 100hp injectors and dynoed over 500hp using the BD and MP-8 so you could get to 500 easily.

The 64 does lag a bit and if you aren't used to it.... you just need to get used to it. It's the nature of the beast with bigger turbos

As Joefarmer above said.... it's hard to get a good answer without experiencing it yourself. What's laggy to one, might be a lightning spool to another.

I see a lot of guys doing what it sounds like you want to running a 62/14 and are really happy with it. Don't know if it would be good for over 500hp but, apparently the spooling is real good.