Thoughts on truck surging on cold Startup.

bwk1975

My truck (08/ 6.7)just started surging upon starting after sitting overnight. It would surge blow white smoke, surge blow white smoke, then surge blow white smoke and then run fine.

I took it to the dealer last weekend and they

Replace #1 injector
Replaced two rocker arms
Replaced a bent pushrod
Did valve adjustment
changed oil

When I got the truck back, started it the next morning and it did the same exact thing it was doing b4! Also noticed it is now leaking oil, can't seem to find the source. This is all day after getting back from dealer. About to run the truck back up there in a few minutes.

What Are Your Thoughts? More bad injectors? truck has right at 93,000 miles. Any input will be greatly appreciated....

Got a rail gauge on it?

Does it start hard? or start normal and puff smoke? what about weird popping/knocking noises while your see the puff's

Where exactly is it leaking oil? from breather tubes?

What happened to the rocker arms? Normally they don't break or bend unless you are doing something crazy. Manual trans? grab the wrong gear and spin the motor a little fast? Maybe a broken spring allowed the valve to float and make contact.

I bent one push rod once, but it was due to error on my part adjusting valves. There wasn't any of that work going on prior to this was there?

I'd ask for the rest of the injectors replaced. Warranty's to 100K isn't it?

No, I don't have a rail gauge. It starts normal, doesn't blow smoke on startup. Its like it cycles, then blows smoke. Cycles again, then more smoke (it does this 3 or 4 times). As for the rocker arms, they think they might have just been bad. When they said that, i asked if they where just bad are you going to replace all of them. Of course you know there response. As for the pushrod, no there was not any prior work done on the motor ( I do tow heavy 3/4 days a week). I would like for them to replace all of the injectors, just don't think they will.