throttle cable part number

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
Any of yall with a 215 pump or a 180 pump have the part number for the throttle cable? Dodge is showing two different one's according to engine serial number and the only difference is the length. Thanks.

I got the newer of the two. Which would be the one fro like 96 to 98 and it works fine. It is a bit longer than it should be for my truck but it works great.

Would you please? I don't have a serial number for a truck with a 215 pump. I've got one for a 95 truck but the dealer and I are both unsure of when the switch between throttle cables occured.

There is a recall kit that comes with the throttle cable that is way cheaper. It is part # CANZ9700. I paid $25 for it verses $80 for the cable alone.

If you can get a recall throttle cable it sounds like thats the way to go. I paid $78 for my cable.

the CANZ number has been superseded by these numbers

4897406aa

4897407aa

as i was told in an earlier post on this subject unless maybe you could find a new old stock one laying around.

Called the dealer and asked for CANZ9700 and he said its $15.07 and he'd have to order it. Its a recall kit. So I'm going up there after work today to order that. If it doesn't work then so be it. Its only $15. I can stomach not being able to use a $15 part easier than I can a $72 part. Thanks for the info bodie. Ill let everyone know if it works. Only 4 more days. :D

Thanks let us know how it works out, it bet thats probably what the kit that i got of ebay is just bought by a individual and marked up. :bang oh well

Back