Throttle hard when in drive it reverse need help

Suzuki450ltr

The throttle in my 2003 got really hard to push all of the sudden I'm not sure what is causing it. In neutral or park it's fine but in drive its hard. I think something in the valve body went bad but I just had it all apart and it looked good.

my 04.5 did that, had to stomp on the pedal to get it to go down, but it did it intermittently. Transmission ended up going out shortly after. At the time I had the dealership do the repair, so there may have been something else wrong, but that's all they told me.

my 04.5 did that, had to stomp on the pedal to get it to go down, but it did it intermittently. Transmission ended up going out shortly after. At the time I had the dealership do the repair, so there may have been something else wrong, but that's all they told me.

Well I just rebuilt the trans last week.

The throttle in my 2003 got really hard to push all of the sudden I'm not sure what is causing it. In neutral or park it's fine but in drive its hard. I think something in the valve body went bad but I just had it all apart and it looked good.

You could just disconnect the transmission throttle valve cable for diagnostic purposes only. Probably should tie the throttle valve forward while you are doing this.

You could just disconnect the transmission throttle valve cable for diagnostic purposes only. Probably should tie the throttle valve forward while you are doing this.

This is what I was thinking as well. The weird part is why it only does it in gear. I'd take a hard look at the rooster comb/ throttle valve area

I did that it won't shift. I took the valve body out no dirt in it or metal but I took the throttle valve out and mine is cut in half with one part pushed in a green spring in the middle and the other half on the out side. I'm not sure if its in corrects or what its suppose to look like. I had a shift kit installed before.

I did that it won't shift. I took the valve body out no dirt in it or metal but I took the throttle valve out and mine is cut in half with one part pushed in a green spring in the middle and the other half on the out side. I'm not sure if its in corrects or what its suppose to look like. I had a shift kit installed before.

When you did it, did the throttle get hard to press while in gear?

Had this exact same thing happen. It's throttle valve in the valve body. They get worn or have a slight bur in them.

Mine was fine most of the time when I went to drive. But if I went to reverse 1st that's when it got hard.

Back