Throttle stuck at 70 runs super rough now

123.cummins

I have a 05 with smarty set on level 90. The other day I was driving at about 70 at 2k rpm headed to my emt class and I let off the throttle and it stayed there and would slow down traffic was getting closer so I kicked it into neutral and headed for the shoulder. I hit the pedal after I stopped by accident when I went to pull up on it to make sure it wasn't stuck when I did the raps jumped to about 3500 I pulled up on the pedal and got them back to 2k but I couldn't get them any lower. So I shut it off. Had it towed ordered a apps and installed went through the learn process and started it up. It cranked for a really long time, much longer than usual and then it started. Immediately I could hear a miss, eased in the throttl to about 1200. Shut it off after returning to idle. Still cranks hard just not as bad as the first start after the apps was installed. Decided I would take it down the road and hit about 30mph with very light throttle and it was smoking bad. Not YouTube 16 year old rolling coal bad but way more than it ever has. The skip is still there and I'm pretty lost now. I did check the cylinder temps tonight in hopes I could find one or more significantly hotter as they might be leaking or colder that they weren't firing, but everything seemed closely matched. However I can't hold a temp gun, flashlight, the hood up and increase the throttle all at the same time. Any help would be appreciated. I dread the thought of injectors but if there's something else to chech I'm all ears. Thanks in advance. P.S. I miss 12v

Injector. Don't drive it, or it'll be a melted piston too. I bet the smoke you're seeing is raw (unburned)fuel from an injector dumping. Look at the exhaust manifold to head mounting gaskets. The leaky injector may be leaving a trail of fuel.

Likely an injector. Can pull them and send in for testing if you want confirmation.

Back