thumping noise coming out of air filter, still

to start it off. i had an injector stuck in my number 1 . had to pull head to get it out, well in the proscess i messed up the the old hg getting the head off, so i got an .20 thicker hg. and some bigger stickes. put all back togeather, well the thumping noise came along out of the air filter. didnt think much of it. drove it for a week. and retorqued head bolts. drove it to tulsa and back, never getting over 20lb of boost. after a week. of driving, i did a lil playing. and hit 53lbs of boost around 4 times. and the last time i bent a push rod. so i pulled them out checked them and replaced push rod. and redid the valves one at a time. sticking a new exhaust valve in 1 and 6. #6 looked like it had gotten hot. with the head off , every thing looked good. no play in pistons. a lil carbon ring not much of one. so we stuck it back togeather, started rite up. idled a lil cooler the it used to. BUT STILL HAD THE KNOCK OUT THE AIR FILTER. SO IS IT AN FUEL KNOCK? flat spot on the cam? i am going to pull injectors out to nit and inspect them for crackes, and take fuel lines off and stick them back on one by one. to make sure they are on rite. other then that i am at a lost..
my mods are if it may help
6x14 inj
66/74 phat shaft
ve pump cranked as far as it will go
m&h full pin #5
air dog 165 set at 20psi
.20 thicker hg
timming jumped 1 tooth
now. looking at the last 2 timming and hg. could it be to much timming. the ve pump is set on the timming mark on the timming case. i may try backing it off all the way down and see what that do for it?
thanks for all the help.

i was thinking about it.. haha .
reset the valves. meaning what? pull the head and do it again.. or run the overhead again?..
thank you for the help

Valve adjustment, or gulp, a bent valve... Popping is almost always valve train

-Will

well we got it back up and running.. jamie chris and my self over at the sdx shop, the first nite at dexes garage we ran the over head, and watched it run with covers off. #1 exh was not moving very much. so i figured eaither a flat spot on the cam. well with a race on satreday and pulls.. i wanted to get it ready. so i called jamie wood. talk with him about it.. trying to figure out if the cam was bad or a tappit. well tappit or cam.. the cam has to come out. so i loaded it up and took over to the there shop.. pulled the cam.. it looked great. not a scuff. so tappit at #1 ex was stuck. and with the sleeve worn all the way down to the seat. we popped a tappit in nd ran the overhead.. runs like a new. . head studes will be next.. 55+ of boost. and still have some throttle left over.. so big thanks to jamie and chris. they always help me out no matter how hard of a time i give them.. thnx buds