Thunder Truck Diesel Drags Woodburn Oregon

NHRDA

The NHRDA would like to invite everyone out to Thunder Truck Weekend in Woodburn Oregon for a full day of diesel drag racing. Last year there was over 200 trucks and semi's that raced and took part in a show and shine.

Flr-0802-Lrg.gif

Keep in mind that this is a well-prepped sea level track, so it is a perfect time to set a record (either official NHRDA or personal best).

After the races I'm throwing myself a birthday party up at my house (about 30 mi north of Woodburn). If you are interested in attending the party, please PM me for directions. I have plenty of room in the house and yard in case people want to stay over &/or camp.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Cool! A two-fer, a race and a party!

The Woodburn race is always one of those "can't miss" races. I got my a$$ kicked by a semi in the first round last year. Who'd a thunk it!

Paul

Yes this is always great event with lots of trucks and yes lots of semi's.

:rockwoot: Source Automotive is the title sponsor for this event :clap:

This oughta be good! It looks like mild weather (70's or low 80's), and the track was recently resurfaced (and just ran a NHRA divisional on it). After Paul B ran 11.49 @ 119 mph with almost zero fuel pressure on fuel only in his new CR truck (which will run in Super-Street), it seems likely that we will see a new record set!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

This oughta be good! It looks like mild weather (70's or low 80's), and the track was recently resurfaced (and just ran a NHRA divisional on it). After Paul B ran 11.49 @ 119 mph with almost zero fuel pressure on fuel only in his new CR truck (which will run in Super-Street), it seems likely that we will see a new record set!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Patty and I will both be there racing. I had not thought about the record for super street. I looked it up on the NHRDA web site and Steve Farley holds the E.T. record at 11.91, and Randy Hartman holds the mph record at 113.89. I have a feeling that somebody will be in the 10's in Super Street this weekend. Not me, but somebody probably will. It will be interesting to see what it runs with some fuel though...

Paul

Yea and Steve set that record at the beginning of the season, if it doesn't get broke this weekend I bet it will at the Blackout, unless it happens on the east coast :poke:

Congrats to the winners - Mike Murray from Black Sheep Diesel won Pro-2 over Brian Mensching, Ken (Subman) won Pro-1 (I didn't catch the final, but I think it was Michael Fox who got runner-up). Malcolm Cross won Pro-Street on a single pass, when Rip Rook couldn't make the call after blowing a freeze plug while defeating Rob Coddens. I think Paul Breedlove won Super-Street in his new Common Rail truck, running low 11's.

Notable events included Malcolm running 10.07 at almost 144 mph, just missing out on the NHRDA mph record. Brian Mensching took me out in the 2nd round with a 0.006 light, and he could have run dead on his dial-in but tapped the brakes since he had me covered.

A bunch of people headed to my BBQ afterward. A big thanks to Steven (Layson) and Mike (Kainers) for manning the grill, cooking for the 50+ people. Despite partying until almost 1:00 am, those that stayed over were up bright and early, with the last people pulling out around 8:15 this morning (everyone wanted to get a start on their long drives). Thanks to everyone who showed up, it was a great time!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

It was a lot of fun, Michael, sorry we had to miss your BQ but Tim (our host) already had a big dinner planned. Idaho Rob pulled in the sled pull in Lebanon today. Lots of power, not much traction. Thanks again for a great event..Subman