TI retainer specs please...

RJM06590

What to do
I bought a set of retainers from a member of another forum for my 12 valve. I received them and didn't think the looked right (not to mention he didn't send the locks with them :doh:) so I grabbed a 60lb spring off the shelf and they don't fit at all (He claimed he ran them with 60lber's). So I examined all of them and you can clearly see where the 60 lb springs were riding in on the lip :nail: Further examination leads me to believe they are for a dual spring application. I broke out my mic and took some measurements and put it into paint to help explain it.

ti.jpg

The inside diameter is 12.47mm.
The inside of the first seat is 17.79mm.
The outside of the first seat/inside of the second seat is 27.20mm.
The overall diameter is 36.56mm.
Just for reference the inside diameter of a 60lb spring is 24mm and the od. is 33.41 so it sits on the first seat halfway.

CIMG0324.jpg

CIMG0325.jpg

CIMG0328.jpg

So now that I'm off my :soap: does anyone have any to compare with?

they look stock. if nobody can answer by the time I open shop in the morning Ill measure up a set I have.

I hope these are not for a Daily driver anyway. Had titanium keepers take out a engine before. They ARE NOT for anything other than a dedicated race vehicle with set replacement schedules.

I hope these are not for a Daily driver anyway. Had titanium keepers take out a engine before. They ARE NOT for anything other than a dedicated race vehicle with set replacement schedules.

If you ran titanium "keepers" that was you ignorance....99% are forged 4340 steel for a reason.

You must have been talking about RETAINERS...

I thought so, you can see the wear marks where both springs were riding. If he had sent the locks with them it wouldn't be as big of a deal. What two springs can I run with these and how much machining is required?

I thought so, you can see the wear marks where both springs were riding. If he had sent the locks with them it wouldn't be as big of a deal. What two springs can I run with these and how much machining is required?

if a man were smart he could use set up shims on the top and bottom of the springs.....those shims are stainless.

They will be on a pull truck. The problem I have is that they don't fit single springs. The spring rides half on the inner seat and half in the air lol.

He's sending me the locks, so now I just need to figure out what springs to run.