Timing issue, injector issue, dv issue.... Or? Video inside

Red_Rattler

High Tech Redneck
Alright I'm stumped. To me it seems like a timing issue but I checked it with a timing light and its at 18* (not as much as I want but enough to make it run fine) The issue is it idles and will run through the rpm range to 3300 and then its stumbles shoots fire and white smokes and if you just floor it, it white smokes and misses and loads up. The valves have been re checked, timing checked with light. The only thing is that the whole top end has been changed from last year. Diferent charger, runner intake with P&P, westons dv's, SDX 5x14 injectors (didnt get my 18's from them yet) .93 lines, westons valve springs. I mean theres a ton of varibles and I dont know where to start since I thought it was a timing issue since that seems like but when the light said 18* Im stumped.... Injector issue? Watch the vid its not the best but it gives you an idea on what its doing.

[ame="http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj210/red_rattler/?action=view&current=photobucket-14797-1340410001924.mp4"]2012-06-22_17-46-04_335 video by red_rattler - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Video wont load for me, but....

Sounds like you need more timing.... When i was trying to run 16.5* with 5x14s, 4gsk, stock 181s, and no plate. My truck would pop and back fire in the lower gears or when being rev'd in neutral. I bump the timing to 18* and it stopped.

So since you have more fuel then me and im running 18*, i think you need more

-ViTO-

The plan is to retime it to 24* tomorrow and go from there. Glad to see I'm not the only one that's stumped

More timing jake get it in the 24 range with the light. Those 93 lines are retarding the actual timing if your going off of plunger lift.

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

So what should I shoot for initially with the plunger method since I don't have an adjustable gear to play with?

I rechecked the timing with plunger lift to verify the light and it was at 20.5* which means the truck had 18*ish since the bigger lines. Sooooo I set it to 26 and it liked it alot.... So far so good up to 4500! The ol girl likes high timing I guess

Back