timing???

dipapadakis

hey so im running really hot 1000-1100 cruising at 70 12@ 80 cruising on flats can peg the gauge in a second if wanted its getting old real fast having to pay attention to egts everytime i drive up s slope on the interstate i got new stock headbolts torqued down to 155ftlbs im at about 15.5* of timing now some people say id be safe going up to 24* with the headbolts torqued that hard others say anything after 16.5 ill trash my headgasket but the extra power and running cooler sounds sweet to me... whats your guys 2 cents? thanks

With 370's I wouldnt run anything over 19* or you will be spraying outside the bowl.

yea.. wouldnt added timing help keep it cool? would i have to stud it to bump up the timing?

okay thanks and i did put the very thin copper washers in there too wen installing to get the injector as close down in there as possible

im hoping to switch to sdx 5x,014s soon has anyone here done that? im hoping ill get more power less heat ?

Last edited:
Hey bullrack. What kind of pi are you getting for max boost out if your twins with the ht3b. I make 68 but would like more.

Thanks,
Jay.

Back