Timing?

jupton

Horsepower lover
Made my second hook on the new rig the other night at a local fair. Did really well pulling it right out the door no problem. Its a 12v with s475 charger, 5 x 25 injectors, big haisley truck pull cam etc. It turned about 4300 down the track. My issue is I had about a 12" flame from the stack the whole way down the track and egts were very high obviously. I am thinking this is a timing issue. I currently have it set at 35 degrees and am wondering if it should be more like 40 or better? Also what kind of effect is more timing going to have on the streetability of the truck? Any input is much appreciated

5K springs, plate is in there but is ground to a zero and moved ahead all the way for full rack with a 2095 plug. Its a 911 pump that was also on the bench and the barrels turned so she is getting lots of fuel.

I have an 8-10 in flame that come out of my stack also. I am set at 33deg but thats all the higher i can go otherwise the truck wants to start backwards. Your running an s475, 5x25's, 35 deg. timing and your worried about streetability? I hope your kidding. Im no expert but i dont think any more timing would help you. 30-33 has worked very good on the trucks that i have been around spinning 4-5k. High egt's is always going to be a problem with that amount of fuel and timing. I dont know if you can run water but i put three 750cc jet on my truck and it will run down the track at less than 1600 whitch is a huge improvement from what it was before. If the truck is running good and your just worried about temp. i would say throw some water at it and maybe an air/water intercooler.

Time for some air/water josh. Remind me, what is you inlet fuel pressure system again?

Time for some air/water josh. Remind me, what is you inlet fuel pressure system again?

I have an Aeromotive Eliminator pump feeding the front port in the pump as well as the stock system. And i know your right about the air to water needing to be on there... Ill probly be out sometime this week to talk some things over with you i think, thanks.

Bottlefed, I am not allowed to run water injection so thats out of the question. And i wasnt kidding about keeping it somewhat streetable, I still want to drive this thing to the pulls and be able cruise around in it

Back