tire revs for sct

BigD

I downloaded a spartan tune from the library i need to change the tire revs but the calc i doing is wrong what would the revs be on the sct your choices are 500 520 550 i think.My tires are toyo 35 and rims are 20 and 373 rearend

Rear end is a different option in the SCT custom tunes. The Revs/mile is what you need to adjust. You can compute it given your tire dimensions, but that isn't accurate given the 'squash' or 'load' effect. Toyo is good to list the revs/mile (given recommended inflation pressures) in their datasheets. Get on their website, fine your tire, and download the specifications. Use that number instead of the computed one.

Good luck.

doesnt matter really it will not fix it with the sct. You can get your abs sensor recalibrated up to 38s from ford. the sct will NOT correct for tire size. thats straight from eric. I have 40s and it is no where near correct

595 is the lowest number an IDS typically uses to adjust it. which is adaquate for your 35s. 550 is about the magical number inside the sct. Anything below that and it tends to freak out. That being said. Get a tru speed or a speed wizard and get it done propery.

doesnt matter really it will not fix it with the sct. You can get your abs sensor recalibrated up to 38s from ford. the sct will NOT correct for tire size. thats straight from eric. I have 40s and it is no where near correct

Right, good clarification. The SCT rev/mile option is for SHIFTING, not SPEEDO.

Back