Tire size/Dyno and 1 misc question

4x4dually

This may be a dumb question, but I wanted to know. If I drop from 285's to 245's which would be a little shorter, would this make much difference in my dyno numbers if I ever get my truck on one? I know it would increase my fuel economy a little being a little narrower.

And two, what do you guys think about me dropping my Jammer IV's for a pair of Mach 1.6 or 2.0's or something. I know a 90 hp Mach will probably give as much HP as a Jammer IV 125 HP or whatever they are just because of technology differences and give less smoke and better econ and be about the same HP, right? I was just thinking, sell my stock HX-35 for $200-$300, these Jammers for $100-$150, and my dual spacers for $150 or $175 when I go back to 245's and maybe I'll have enough for a set of Machs if someone could give me a pair of used ones or a swingin' good deal on a set of new ones. Maybe if I could get $600 or $700 from old parts I don't use then I could afford a set. Good idea or no?

Yeah it will help dropping tire sizes on the dyno......granted it won't be a HUGE difference but everything helps.

And the Mach's are the best injector IMHO, so I don't think you will go wrong with getting them. The Jammers are pretty decent injectors also, they just produce a more smoke and don't usually dyno at the claimed numbers, they usually fall a little short.

~Nick

Dropping tire size would give you a few more ponies. But I wouldnt put them on to inflate your ego to get a tad higher number. BD did that at a dyno event to hit 800hp.