Tires

Mooring Product

I just don't care
I'm in need of some new tires. What I want is AT that looks aggressive but runs like a dream. I currently have M/T ATZ and like the look of the side wall lugs but they run like crap. I liked the Nittos but it seems everyone has them in S. Florida. My other likes are the Kumhos and the Pro comp At X terrain. Anyone running something else?

325 65 R18 is what I'm running.

Not a fan of Procomp.
What don't you like about the ATZ's? I was thinking they would be my next tire

i love my Toyo Open Country A/T's, they ride smooth and are very quiet and have a nice tread on them.

nummit said:
Not a fan of Procomp.
What don't you like about the ATZ's? I was thinking they would be my next tire
Weight is one problem. Impossible to balance and keep balanced. They have poor traction on dry pavement.

Whats wrong with Pro Comp?

Anyone running Kumhos?

Same as your ATZ's....."Impossible to balance and keep balanced"

Have you run the Nittos yet Pete? I loved this tire and it looks like I'm going back to it. I also see that Cooper makes a tire for the 18's. Anyone have feed back from them?

Check out Cooper Zeon LTZ. This looks like a bad azz tire. Doesn't look like they have my size yet.

Nope, never ran Nittos.
I guess I'm getting picky in my old age. I ran trucks with Swampers and thought it was cool, now it makes my back hurt LOL LOL

had 315/75/16 pro comp Xterrains, Only tire I have ever run that I absolutely hated and will never run again. They weren't good for anything.

Last set was 305/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers and I liked them enough that my new tires are another set of terra grapplers but in a 325/60/20. I have a feeling my next set will be some Parnelli jones dirt grips just to give them a try. BBD had em for a while and seemed to like them.

I have stayed away from the Toyo MT's, just consider them the cheerleader tire. Every on road princess that wants to look mean has em.

love my atz's one of the best ridin tires ive had seem to handle great for me

Dam I was thinking of getting the M/T ATZ's .
I usto have the P/C MT and it ran ok smoother than my SLT Swampers .
what do Yall think of the M/T MTZ?

Well to be honest the M/T ATZ were purchased used. I have a rich friend with the same truck/wheels as mine and every August he puts new tires on his truck. When I got the tires they were never rotated and cupped bad. So I guess if I had the tires from new and rotated them often this tire may have turned out better. The weight is my main concern. I was told that they are 20 lbs a tire heaver then the Nittos.

I have the Toyo's, and I like them. I went to get the Nitto's, but they didn't have them in my size, 305/55r20's so the guy sold me the Toyo's at the same price, and I am very pleased with them. I could care less if everyone has them, everyone seems to have an F-250, and I like those too. LOL

The ATZ's are 88lbs per tire and the X'terrains are 95lbs.

I ran the X'terrains and had very bad luck with them! I would not buy them if you put more than 10K a year on your truck! I got 17-18K miles out of mine.

One decided to completely explode on me while driving down the highway with cruise set @ 70 for no apparent reason.... Pro Comp would not lift a finger to replace it... said its a road hazard.

I've got ATZ's on now and other than the usual balancing problem, I like them.

Lavon

Lucky Jeff said:
I have stayed away from the Toyo MT's, just consider them the cheerleader tire. Every on road princess that wants to look mean has em.

Or everyone might have them b/c they ride awesome, have no balancing issues, wear great, and still maintain a good look.....Wouldn't really call them the cheerleader tire considering they are one of the most expensive on the market.....$.02

I know Nummit's not a fan but so far I've had really good luck out of my Xtreme A/T's. They're wearing pretty good and the noise is down from the Toyo M/Ts I had. They ride pretty darn smooth and it took 10k miles before they needed a rotation.

Wheelb.jpg