TN Turdbro

NWSUPRD

The Mule
Alright I have been supportative up until now. Turbonetics makes a lot of great turbos. So I put my investment on their name and this thrust bearing turbo I have. I thought it was a turd when I got it and still do. I have tried to be in their camp on this turbo but have found a ball bearing set up is better. I could have purchased one instead of this turbo. I have also had 2 conversations with TN about this. The first one went no where and so is the one I am having now.
F%^&* them. I am pissed now. This turbo is the weak link in my set up , I am sure no one would not want their product in this catagory.

I am sorry but really I have a lot to push this thing and it does not spool up like other turbos do. I am not leaking on my uppipes either.

I have had this turbo for one year and tried to get it to work. You would think the mfg would make good on it. This turbo is medoker not great. I am bummed. Just waited for everything to fail first. Now I know where my truck is lacking.

If I am burning myself so I have to live with this alright then. I am still waiting to get the shims in the pumps I purchased for good money and were supposed to come that way also. If everyone makes a little mistake it is no big deal right/ Wrong when they all happen to the same guy is SUCKS.

I am just at the end of my rope and tired. Now that I can focus on my truck again it really bugs me. I am tired of being quiet about this crap. One of you sponsers I have paid money should step up here.
I am like an old dog with a bone to chew on. I have invested a lot and will continue to. I only ask companies to honer a disactisfation policy.

Did they offer you a ball bearing upgrade? Iirc they sell a kit for that now. I can understand getting frustrated though. Who did you buy the turbo from?

Last edited:
I know this is old but WTF does your first post say.....I feel like I just :bang on the ground.

Talk about reviving a decaying thread........

What is the Stock Powerstroke Turbo for a 99-03? Just curious, becuase I thought they were GT38's? Just Curious

06f250sd said:
I know this is old but WTF does your first post say.....I feel like I just :bang on the ground.

I think they call that DRUNK POSTING.....its too bad really, but one of my (and TN's) customers bent over backwards to help the guy, but there are some issues there.

Hey Lott

For the record, Gene was dumping the Garrett so he could get the TN BB from NW-who never installed the BB version, so now we all know the rest of the story. I believe Gene even installed it for him-hope he was paid.

I have to say Turbonetics is great. Just put on a Ball Bearing on my tow rig, spool up is great, lower egts, and its really quiet compare to other ball bearings Ive heard! Highly recommended!