to AFC or not to AFC

stovepipe22

question for all the 12v guys, anyone running a disconected AFC? how is it compared to a tuned AFC? hows drivability? what are the pros and cons? thanks

I think its best to leave the AFC, especially if youre running a lot of fuel. It can be kind of tricky driving it on the street. U have to be extremely gentle with the throttle or youll be pourin smoke and not even know it.

is there a one setting fits all for max power out of the AFC or does it have to be a long tunning process? Id love to play with it but with limited time, limited tools, and nothing but a muddy drivway to do the work in. right now id like a quick tune, thats why i was considering just unhooking it.

All the way forward and the starwheel all the way forward.
Brandon

by forward do u mean towards the front of the truck? and will moving the stock fuel plate forward help to?

I would just slide the AFC and roll that starwheel get a clutch then just grind your plate to your needs, Yes to the front of the truck the grille ;).
Brandon

I would just slide the AFC and roll that starwheel get a clutch then just grind your plate to your needs, Yes to the front of the truck the grille ;).
Brandon

THis is the perfect start to AFC tuning

once you get bigger injectors, and upgrade your DVs if you do you will find that you need the AFC to tune the truck and fine adjust it to suit the needs of the low end power, too much smoke down low, or fuel down low will kill your top end, IE why you must have the AFC.. especially on a street driven truck...

Ive also done both, and even ran plateless, went back to a 100 plate and modded AFC...

Rick

is there a one setting fits all for max power out of the AFC or does it have to be a long tunning process? Id love to play with it but with limited time, limited tools, and nothing but a muddy drivway to do the work in. right now id like a quick tune, thats why i was considering just unhooking it.

unhooking it would really turn the truck into a turd!!

everything full forward is good for stock injectors, modding the AFC for more travel is even better.

once you get some real injectors, full forward will slow you down

I had mine unhooked for a long time.. i got sick of having to watch what i was doing so i didnt blackout everyone behind me.. I hooked it back up and messed around with it and my truck actually spools much faster, but i do miss all that smoke.

I had mine unhooked for a long time.. i got sick of having to watch what i was doing so i didnt blackout everyone behind me.. I hooked it back up and messed around with it and my truck actually spools much faster, but i do miss all that smoke.

Yea I wonder who sent you an extra foot?:poke:

do you mean you gutted it? or removed the spring? maybe I misunderstood what "unhooking" an AFC means