to all u 12v 98.5 manual trucks

avengermike

looking at p pumpin an 99 and need to know if the harness on the 98.5 12v manual quad cab has the plug for tps.

it has a tps plug but i believe its going to be the wrong one for the p pump. you could just do the pot mod and mount it in your dash. mounted mine next to my overdrive switch in the blank square. i believe this would be the easiest solution to the problem without looking at the wiring diagrams and finding out what wires from the vp44s plug are your reference, signal, and ground wires and splicing them into a plug for the p pumps TPS

Mines not a quad cab (or a 98.5, but no 12v's are) and it has the harness for the TPS.

Tate are u say it has it, the truck I'm looking at p pumping is a 99 auto, and I can get an 98.5 12v manual harness, I just wanted to make sure the plug is their so it will be quick as far as electwire goes.

i believe that all 98.5's are the 24 valve. the 98's are the 12 valve. the point five is when they switched from the 12v engine to the 24v engine.

I have a 4 dr.quad cab 98.5 12valve P-pump 5 speed 3500 series 2 wheel drive.

Ok then, tell me the build date on the sticker in the door jam. :pop:

I have yet to see a 98.5 12 valve..

I own a 98 12 valve quad cab (that means 4 doors if you couldn't figure that out on your own) 5 speed 4x4... NOT a 98.5.... Dodge went to 24 valve in 98.5... it's a pretty well known fact.

okay so i have searched the pot mod, my question is can i pull the tps plug off a 12v harness and plug these wires in it place off the 24v apps plug?
Pin 1 black/yellow tracer
Pin 2 goes to Blue/black tracer.
Pin 3 goes to Blue/white tracer.

Sorry for so many questions but now I'm thinking, if u remove the vp pump wouldn't throw a check eng light? Also what if I built custome brackets and linkage and left the apps all together and did nothing with the wiring just added the cam sensor on the back of the gear housing.

Sorry for so many questions but now I'm thinking, if u remove the vp pump wouldn't throw a check eng light? Also what if I built custome brackets and linkage and left the apps all together and did nothing with the wiring just added the cam sensor on the back of the gear housing.

You're gonna have a check engine light regardless, unless you're like me, and you check engine light is burnt out.

Go to the p-pump section in the performance section, Warpig and others have a way of using a 12v TPS to the 24v harness to control the tranny. I would think it would be much easier to just do that one elec. connector than swap an entire 12v harness and pcm to make it play nice with the truck.

Back