to run plate or no plate?

vaicase

what would happen if i took my #5 plate that i now have in the stock place,completely out?or what about moving it all the way back or forward?also what about gutting the afc what are the advantges and problems with doing either?i do have an egt before the turbo,and even loaded to the hilt it never goes over 1000.thanks

If you took it completely out, the AFC would be the limiting factor for rack travel. If you gutted the AFC and took out the plate, the rack travel plug would be the only thing limiting rack travel. I dunno for sure, but I've heard that you can break something, some say yes, some say no... Check this out... http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/94-98-performance-parts-discussion/6880-nice-rack.html You really should read the whole thing if your serious about getting the most rack travel possible. Trust me if you pull the plate and gut the AFC, or just pull the plate, you're gonna have EGT problems unless you have a different turbo than stock. You can get a lot of fuel by sliding the plate almost full forward, and gutting your AFC. Basically, by gutting the AFC, you are letting your foot control the rate at which fuel is delivered in the pre-boost circuit. W/ the AFC stock, you let the spring tension on the diaphragm control when you move out of pre-boost fuel into rack fuel. Hopefully I haven't confused you too much on the matter...

i'm runing no plate and a block off plate over the hole for the afc. ialso have a 5mm spacer on my rack plug nut to get full travel. 913 pump with 13mm plungers, 5k gov kit, laser cut D/V's, .093 holders

First question is what do you use the truck for? If you are a puller or drag racer then maybe you want it to fuel wide open all the way to the redline, but for towing you may be dumping in un-needed fuel.

Back