Too little money with too much time....

oldestof11

Drag racer
So, I am gonna make all of you drool.:pop:

20110102195100.jpg

20110102195053.jpg

I got tired of the stock message center. So, off I went to Radio Shack, Walmart (tin snips. ) and Tractor Supply Company. I wanted something more modern and less cluttered with expanded use. And since I didn't have ABS, I took that one out! :stab:

Brake Warning ~ Red
Water in Fuel ~ Red
Low Fuel ~ Orange
Wait to Start ~ Green

There is BARELY enough room for 3 gauges and since I wanted to add switches, I stuck with 2. To mount, I used the screws from the back of the message center that holds the computer board on. Also, I am mounting the computer board to the back on a "frame" And it will sit 90* different than before. Think of it as opening a door inwards...

This is the cheapest Aluminum they had and I am gonna use it for a template. The next one will be symmetrical (for the OCD in all of us) and everything done in a kit per say.:nos:

Fire away!

Jon

Forgive me for not being as familiar with first gens as I am second gens but what is in the hole below where you are mounting your gauges? Why not mount the lights and switches down there and then you will have room up top for your gauges. It will look way less cluttered up. And they definitely need to be in a straight line and evenly spaced.

I sold it and that was just to get a feel for it.

I believe it was 20ga. The finished product was straight in and in-line.