Too much fuel?

jambbii

milk
So I made it to the track last weekend and was disappointed as usual. Best I could muster was a 13.90@94. Although it was a 100 degrees out I still think it is way off its pace. It has ran 13.30 @ 103 with major fuel pressure problems (now fixed). I am starting to think I am throwing too much fuel at my combo.

Currently I have an ht3b under a 35/40 hybrid (both well used). They 913 pump has been benched but I am not sure what the flow numbers are and I am running 191 dvs with 435 injectors. My fuel plate is a 100 that is almost all the way back. Could it be possible that I am "putting out the flame"? Is it possible that the turbos are heading towards their death? I have noticed a little more oil out of the compressor of my ht3b.

Any help would be appreciated,

Josh

I have a similar problem to u

how far back is the afc and starwheel? Too much fuel is probably the cause for what you have got. I only dynoed 429 rwhp with a modded afc, stock 215 pump with full forward 100 plate, afc, and so forth, and the turbos never lit to their potential.. smoke cleared right away......... so as stated before, full forward everything isnt always the best thing..

Dyno tuning perhaps is in order for urs? i know it is for mine.. FWIW... i run a 100 full forward, and AFC all the way back and the results are much better streetwise, with little to no smoke

Rick

Josh you haven't tried your bottle yet? I know its still hot out their but maybe the 3b is tired?

Leaking oil, compressor wheels that run away from home, etc...

My wheels are still on :hehe: but I am leaking oil. Does this affect performance?

Thanks,

Josh

Hmm. I honestly dunno. Does having an improper amount of oil affect the RPM which the wheels are allowed to spin? I would guess it does. I would also guess the 35/40/HT3B is undersized for your application.

What oil are you running?

High operating temps can lower viscosity to the point of leak propagation - especially if it's dino (not to mention how a synth's lower-friction oil film in the turbo's journal bearing helps it to spool in extreme conditions). :ft:

I run delo. And yes I know my twins are undersized but my performance has been on a downslope lately. Guess its time for some new turbos...