Torque and Re-Torque

Dusterb318

Regular Jackoff
I'm going to re-torque my stock head bolts and have searched and read plenty of threads for three days now but one thing has me intrigued. The torque sequence. I have seen there are guys that just take any one bolt out at a time, clean and re-torque, some that follow the Cummins sequence but I haven't read anywhere about going in reverse of the sequence. To me I think that would be the best way. Taking any bolt out at a time is nuts to me....there is a sequence for a reason. Now I have done a few gassers with aluminum heads and they have a loosening sequence and it's the reverse of the tightening. Makes sense but the aluminum is softer. Now since we aren't pulling the head or the gasket wouldn't going in reverse keep the head flat and the gasket compressed just like it was during the initial torque sequence? Just throwing out and idea here to discuss and get some info. What do you think?

I always did it in the cummins tightening order. I torqued them all first, in that order, then took them out one at a time, beginning in the center and moving out. When I put it back in Id go 5 lbs up from my initial torque. Being that only one was removed, there are plenty around it to hold it in place. There may be other ideas, but thats worked for me so far.