Torque bars or Ladder bars?

Chevycummins

Bad case of Tinkeritis!
they might be the same thing ppl call them different things but we are looking for some for my brothers truck just curious as to what you all are running and if it is store bought or home made.

what would you suggest for mounting locations and joints for home made ones? or are the store bought ones better?

we found a set for just under 500 from a local shop here that would be bolt on ones but not sure how they will hold up to my brothers abuse with efi live on his truck.

thanks

michael

they might be the same thing ppl call them different things but we are looking for some for my brothers truck just curious as to what you all are running and if it is store bought or home made.

what would you suggest for mounting locations and joints for home made ones? or are the store bought ones better?

we found a set for just under 500 from a local shop here that would be bolt on ones but not sure how they will hold up to my brothers abuse with efi live on his truck.

thanks

michael

I run a single bar on each side that mounts under the axle and on the side on the frame. Works fine for me.

I run a single bar on each side that mounts under the axle and on the side on the frame. Works fine for me.

would you happen to have pics of your set up so we could have an idea where to place them?

thanks

michael

What is the truck?

We make a bolt-on bar that will hold up to whatever your brother has to offer.

What is the truck?

We make a bolt-on bar that will hold up to whatever your brother has to offer.

2004 reg cab long bed 3/4 ton 4x4 is his truck and i have been kicking around the idea of getting them on my 94 chevy 3/4 ton too we have just started looking around to see what we could find

I used top lock nuts now, rather than Nylocks. Also Chromoly heims rather than zinc coated steel.

n40508875_34259169_9571.jpg

n40508875_34259168_9210.jpg

jess i like that sweet and simple and to the point what kind of bolts do you use on that? just a standard gr 8 or 5 to stretch a little with the pressure?

how much does that set up run if you dont mind?

it looks like in a way its almost universal just depending on the frame mount for the front end.

jess i like that sweet and simple and to the point what kind of bolts do you use on that? just a standard gr 8 or 5 to stretch a little with the pressure?

how much does that set up run if you dont mind?

it looks like in a way its almost universal just depending on the frame mount for the front end.

Grade 8 on everything. Grade 8 SAE washers, and top lock nuts. Stretch is going to be very bad in any situation under there.

We always ONLY use fine thread as well. You get more clamping force per energy exerted.

Forgive the lack of pictures on the site. We ran out of memory while trying to finally get our site going this week.

Farmboy Fabrications Stage 1 Traction Bars - Farmboy Fabrications Suspension

These bars will fit 2000-2009 3/4 and 1tons SRW...so far from what we have found.

They are far from universal from brand to brand though...but we do have different bars for Ford.

just by the way it looks i could almost use that on my 94 reg cab also.

not bad on the set up or the price either. i will send the info over to my brother and have him check it out. i have been doing most of the work since he is over in Iraq and has limited internet access and doesnt get much time to look for these lol. thanks for the link and info i hope to get an answer out of him soon on what ones he would like to have.

michael

Last edited:
on our farm you will only see green and bowties and nothing more. i was leaning toward that since you have to drill for the frame mount that i could almost use it on my 94 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 that is reg cab long bed.

we both have 6 inch suspension lifts and i am pushing over 400 ponies and he is getting ready to be around 500 after the efi live installed after the issues are resolved.

on our farm you will only see green and bowties and nothing more. i was leaning toward that since you have to drill for the frame mount that i could almost use it on my 94 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 that is reg cab long bed.

we both have 6 inch suspension lifts and i am pushing over 400 ponies and he is getting ready to be around 500 after the efi live installed after the issues are resolved.

I can get the lengths of the bars right for each vehicle...as well as the frame mounts being interchangeable. The axle mount, I have to verify that the u-bolt spread is the same.

We are green and brown. :hehe:

n40508875_30004833_8422.jpg

I can get the lengths of the bars right for each vehicle...as well as the frame mounts being interchangeable. The axle mount, I have to verify that the u-bolt spread is the same.

We are green and brown. :hehe:

n40508875_30004833_8422.jpg

they are the same i believe when we put his lift kit on and i replaced my blocks with springs they used the same u bolt kits from the company we bought the lifts from but i think his AAM axle has a bigger tube than my 14bolt.

looks like fun in the pic and always nice when you got ladies that like to go too lol