torque converter question

94Cummins

I have a 95 dodge ram, its a work truck that carries a horse shoeing box all the time. if i had to guess the box weighs 4000 to 5000 pounds. what kind of torque converter would someone recommend? is there any good single disc converters out there or do i have to go with a triple disc?

goerend has a 3 disc converter for 1095 with a 100k warranty. stock VB wont cut it either. get yours modified or buy one already done.

And another for Goerend.

Goerend makes a single disc for about $650 with a 100k warranty. I had one and liked it. If you are wanting some pretty decent power out of it, then get a triple, but if it is just a work truck with 260-280hp, Id say the single would do you fine.

you could do a tci triple disk lockup i put one in and had very good luck with it its less than 700 dollars

you could do a tci triple disk lockup i put one in and had very good luck with it its less than 700 dollars

Guy at work bought a convertor from summit, it wasn't a BD. He had terrible luck with it. Ended up pulling it out and sending it back.

Do it right the very first time and never look back Goerand tripple!!!!

torque converter

I would definately go with a triple disc from GoerendI'm actually going to get a complete tranny built by him. He has awesome reviews by A LOT of people, every one of them were very satisfied. His prices are very reasonable too, and for an extra $245 he offers a limited lifetime warranty on his torque converters.