Torque management

dangerous06

diesel tech
Ran across a weird problem today while towing. Heavy load up a steep driveway. Started up ok but truck came to a stop about half way up. Engine was at full throttle no smoke but just no forward movement? I have had this happen before and really didn't get an answer. How is the TQ management involved with this Really doesn't make sense tranny did get hot doing this 220! I had to make a run at the driveway to make it up. After unhooking and driving the temps back down I did a rolling launch and it was fine broke the tires free like always side slide big smile and I'm still stumped!:nail:

Was the fuel tank low on fuel? Weird angle your fuel pickup sucking air, How was fuel pressure?

Your 220* trans temp...how is that measured?

ECM sees 240* (iirc) and goes limp mode.

Fuel was good engine was on it! Temp is read by sensor in pan. My discharge line sensor is down right now. I know the tranny has a limp mode for extreme temps but I just got there temps rose after the climb attempt.

To be clear the engine was loaded like power braking! Would not go above a certain RPM or build boost. Lots of black smoke on mashing the pedal.

Back