torsion bar antics

Red_ver_2

amateur samurai
So me and the brother in law had an argument/boxing match last night about this. I say that, assuming you are going to max both of them out, anybody with a wrench can crank up the torsion bars on a Chevy. He says you need an alignment, even if you are going all the way up. Who's right?

you really should but from my experience messing with torsion bars ALOT, no real reason too, now if they are cranked up to the max and you are gonna drive for a long time like that, then yeah you could do with an alignment, but the tires will survive.....

You will DEFIANTLY need a Alignment as your toe will be way off as the camber too. You will get terrible tire wear.

yep..gotta do an alignment and ride will suck..

brother has a new LMM with torsion keys..unaligned and you can see it needs to be done badly also it rides bad..

If there cranked all the way up the tires look new on one side and in need of replacing on the other

align it. I cranked my torsions just a little and my tire wear is showing it. Alignment tommorrow morning for me

I usually just set the tow afterwards, when going up you will be towed in big time!

I find that weird because cranking the torsion bars does not lift your truck but instead increases the tension on the LCA making the ride stiffer.

It absolutely raises your truck up. You lower it too when racing the same way !

How much do you chevy guys get from adjusting the torsion bars? I know on my ranger it get about 1.5" lift when turned all the way

I gained closer to 2 inches, but I have a 1 ton, and the nose on them seems to sit lower than a 2500. It would make sense since there is generally more weight loaded in it. Just remember to back them off from full about 1/4-1/2 a turn.

Same as mine, but mine was waaay off. Probably so before the alignmet, honestly.

Back