Tourqshift question/ problem

6.0superduty

I let my dad borrow my truck today to pull the car trailer and a car back home that he bought. About a 6000lb load. Around 80 miles round trip. When he got back home, he told me on the way out, he was cruising about 60 and the factory tranny temp gauge dropped to zero and the check gauge light came on and Tow Haul started flashing. He kept driving because my Autometer trans temp gauge was only reading about 160*F. After about 5 mins the gauge went back to normal. Then on the way home, the same thing happened twice and then the gauge just stayed at zero. It doesnt work at all now and the check guage light is on. I am wondering if just my temp sender is bad? Or is something else wrong? Sorry for the long post, but thanks for the help.

Internal Harness or temp sensor. To be on the safe side replace them both. They are both about 90 dollars if I remember correctly. It thinks its 40 below 0 outside and will hold gears to warm it up.

Well, it was the temp sending unit. I got one through Ford and put it in today and all is well. The stuipid little thing is about the size of a quarter and they think its worth $55 bucks. Oh well, at least it was easy to change and it fixed the problem.

Back